The hotel was nice enough the people too. We had room 422 facing towards St Pauls bay. Sea view limited by other buildings. Very small balcony for such a spacious room. Dated soft furnishings dont help which is a shame as recent paint job and bathroom in very good clean order. Heating was on while we were there - on a timer so was stinkingly hot overnight even with windows open. Eventually turned heating off. TV old but servicable, deposit required at Reception for use of remote control. Hairdryer also available to borrow at no cost. Kettle in room with mugs and spoons but no t-bags or milk provided - you can purchase both from hotel supermarket. Small gym available but no instructions and old kit so not terribly safe set up. Indoor pool had no service/cleaning record displayed and same for jacuzzi so decided to pass as water looked cloudy. Dining room modern and clean and well run by Maria who takes great care of her guests. The breakfast choice is excellent and always fresh. Dinner was variable and we did add to comments to hotel suggestions box which gave better options. There is happy hour from 6-7pm in the bar but in general drinks are not expensive anyway. The outdoor pool area was not really open but sun beds available and toilets open for those who wished to use it. Internet usage was e3 for 75mins, the idea being that you pay at beginning of week and have access while you stay - we didnt know this until our last day. Weather changable to say the least - take your waterproofs and walking shoes. Buses inexpensive when they eventually turn up but the roads are appaling both narrow and worst pot holes ever.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Porto Azzurro. The Porto Aparthotel, a family run Aparthotel in Xemxija Bay, is prominently situated overlooking the picturesque St.Paul's Bay with breathtaking views of the Maltese countryside. The resort apartments and hotel rooms are stylish and comfortable and provide a luxurious base for a truly relaxing holiday. The main towns nearby are Mellieha, St Pauls Bay and the tourist resort of Bugibba. The sandy beaches of Golden Sands and Mellieha Bay are less than 3 kilometers away. The hotel's apartments are stylish and comfortable and provide a luxurious base for a truly relaxing holiday. All the apartments have a bathroom or shower en suite, air conditioning, fully equipped kitchen complete with a microwave oven, television, safety deposit box and direct dial telephone. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Porto Azzurro reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Porto Azzurro Hotel St. Paul`s Bay
- Porto Azzurro St Pauls Bay
- Porto Azzurro Malta