We have just returned from a month at the Porto Azzurro Apartment Hotel on Malta, booked through Mercury Direct in the UK.
We had booked Self Catering, so we were expecting an apartment with a fully equipped kitchen. The apartment was less than adequate even for half board even for a short period, the kitchen area having only some of the basic essentials, no oven, and an old-style TV mounted very high on the wall so uncomfortable to watch. The apartment was generally quite shabby, and in serious need of renervation.
However, we spoke to the staff and Alexis Meylaq was very helpful and managed to move us to a much better apartment, although we had to pay for the upgrade. We had this apartment for weeks 2 and 3; it had a much more modern set of kitchen appliances, including an electric oven, a 37" lcd TV, a far superior bed and better lounge. For our last week we had to move into another apartment organised once again by the ever helpful Alexis. This one was better than the first as it had an oven and better furniture and beds, but like the first it was in dire need of renervation.
The most positive thing about the whole month was the charming and always helpful Alexis who went out of her way to please us.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Porto Azzurro. The Porto Aparthotel, a family run Aparthotel in Xemxija Bay, is prominently situated overlooking the picturesque St.Paul's Bay with breathtaking views of the Maltese countryside. The resort apartments and hotel rooms are stylish and comfortable and provide a luxurious base for a truly relaxing holiday. The main towns nearby are Mellieha, St Pauls Bay and the tourist resort of Bugibba. The sandy beaches of Golden Sands and Mellieha Bay are less than 3 kilometers away. The hotel's apartments are stylish and comfortable and provide a luxurious base for a truly relaxing holiday. All the apartments have a bathroom or shower en suite, air conditioning, fully equipped kitchen complete with a microwave oven, television, safety deposit box and direct dial telephone. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your Porto Azzurro reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Porto Azzurro Hotel St. Paul`s Bay
- Porto Azzurro St Pauls Bay
- Porto Azzurro Malta