“Pleasant stay”

Ranked #4 of 14 Hotels in St. Paul's Bay
Chatham, Massachusetts
“Pleasant stay”
Reviewed April 4, 2014

I returned yesterday from a weeks stay here. We stayed in what seemed to be one of the larger rooms, with 2 single beds. Room was clean and tidy when we arrived and hotel seemed of high quality. We were on the fourth floor so even though we didn't have a great view looking down we could see the sea in the distance! I enjoyed breakfast each morning and when returned to my room the room had been cleaned.
My only issue would be that the housekeepers seemed quite nosy and several things such as leaflets for attractions on the island and drinks bottles with drinks still in were taken from my room. This may not seem a huge deal but removal of any items from my room seemed quite inappropriate.

Apart from this, all of the other staff were friendly and more than happy to help. The wellness center and rooftop pool facilities we were more than happy with and took advantage of whenever we could.

Room Tip: The higher up the better!
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Bek804
SunrouteSantana, Manager at Hotel Santana, responded to this review, April 6, 2014
Dear Bek804,

Thank you for your review and comments, we are glad that you have enjoyed your stay with us.

Regarding your comments :
1. Hotel Santana is situated in the resort center just a few meters away from the Sea, a few rooms have distant sea views, some rooms have city view and some have country views.

2. We have passed on your comments regarding Housekeeping to our Executive Housekeeper who will be following up and taking action in order that we can offer a better in-house service to our Guests.

Regards,

John Bugeja

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (407)
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
St Agnes, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 31, 2014

Returned a couple of days ago from a weeks holiday in Malta. I booked with Mercury Direct, great company, very helpful, friendly & efficient. I was travelling alone & this company offer many 0ptions for solo traveller's not wanting to be stung financially with single supplements. I chose the Santana Hotel as it was just around the corner from the classic car museum that I wanted to visit. It was also a minutes walk from Buggiba bus station, and about a 3 min walk from the seafront. Perfect location! The hotel was rated 4 star & it was great! My room was lovely.....bed very comfy, a beautiful bathroom, all very clean. I had booked as half board and the food was amazing......so much choice & as much as you wanted......absolutely delicious! I looked forward to every mealtime! The staff were extremely efficient & welcoming! I intend to make a return visit to Malta & I will defo stay in the same hotel! All in all....totally happy with the trip!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
5 Thank angela k
SunrouteSantana, Director of Sales at Hotel Santana, responded to this review, April 2, 2014
Dear Angela K.

Thank you for reviewing Hotel Santana on Tripadvisor, for your most favourable comments and for sharing your experience online.
Above all, we are happy to note that you enjoyed your stay with us so much.
We hope that you will soon find the time to return to Malta and to our hotel and promise ou our availability to assist you with any future bookings.

In the meantime
Edinburgh, Scotland
Reviewed March 29, 2014 via mobile

After a recent four day visit . I was very impressed by this hotel. The staff are all very friendly, nothing is too much trouble. My room was perfect, it was very modern in design. I had a large balcony. On which I had breakfast every morning in the sunshine. I will definitely be returning to this hotel in the future.

Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
4 Thank Diane A
SunrouteSantana, Director of Sales at Hotel Santana, responded to this review, April 1, 2014
Dear Diane A.,

I gladly read your review about your recent stay at Hotel Santana, noting that you truly enjoyed your stay with us. Many thanks for sharing your experience on TripAdvisor, for your most favourable comments and for recommending our hotel.
We hope that you will soon find the time to return to Malta and to our hotel and promise you our availability to assist you with any future bookings.

Nottingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 29, 2014

Stayed 1 week half board in the Santana Hotel. It is great for exploring as it is so handy for the bus station. The staff and the fellow guests were very friendly, lots of regulars and long-stay guests spending the winter there. The food was fine, not great but plenty of choice so you can always find something to eat. I put on a few pounds anyway so must have found plenty to eat! I liked the porridge at breakfast, and the sausages are very good. Not much fruit but we bought some delicious grapes from a shop round the corner and took them to breakfast.
I found the indoor pool and the Jacuzzi a bit on the cool side, and the changing facilities by the pool were not good so I found myself going back to the room dripping water in the lift for a shower. I gave up after a few days. I had a massage with Esther the therapist at the spa and she was lovely, with magical hands which eased my aching shoulders. Prices very good for treatments so I recommend this. The roof top pool and sundecks look nice but closed in March, and anyway it wasn't really warm enough.
Travelled with mother in law, great if you want a child-free holiday!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Dear Ljennerhoyland,

Thank you for reviewing our hotel on Tripadvisor and for your comments. I will share this review with my colleagues on the management team in view of improving our product.

In the meantime I do hope that you will soon be able to return to Malta and our hotel and promise you our availability to assist you with any future bookings.

Norwich, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 27, 2014

Having returned again from staying at the Santana I find some of the reviews strange.
We paid just under 30 pounds per day for half board.
A travel lodge or similar in the UK is at best 29.95 and if Im lucky I dont pay for continental breakfast.Santana breakfast has porridge, cereals, yoghurts, breads and cooked if you want it.
Added to that the evening meal has soup, salad bar, roast, fish at least 1 othe meat dish, pasta, dessserts and cheese and bicuits.
The food is excellent and plentiful.
The rooms are quite adequate, cleaned daily and no request is to much from the friendly staff.
I will rteccomend this hotel , so folks get real about some of the criticisms.
Look at the cost and is it good value.

Room Tip: Pick a landview sun all day
Dear Jonathan 621,

I was very happy to read your review about your recent stay at Hotel Santana. I am happy to note that you truly enjoyed your stay with us and will be returning to Malta and our hotel in the near future.
Thank you for sharing your experience, for your most favourable comments and for recommending our hotel.
On our part we promise you our availability to assist you with any future bookings.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 15, 2014

Friendly & helpful staff, rooms are spacious & clean, the views from the roof top pool are beautiful & the hotel is situated in a lovely quiet area with a bus station at the end of the road so it was easy to gain transport around the island (cheap & regular). I would recommend this hotel to anyone visiting Malta.

Room Tip: Higher floors for better views
7 Thank Rose H
SunrouteSantana, Director of Sales at Hotel Santana, responded to this review, March 17, 2014
Dear Rose H.,

I am pleased to note that you really enjoyed your recent stay at Hotel Santana. Thank you for sharing your experience on TripAdvisor, for your most favourable comments and for recommending our hotel.
We look forward to having you again with us in Malta and at our hotel and promise you our availability to help you with future bookings.

Sales and Marketing manager
Cannock, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 14, 2014

We have just returned after a 12 day holiday at this very friendly,clean and ideally situated hotel
rooms are very comfortable, The food is excellent and service provided by all staff is very good, nothing is too much trouble always with a smile.We would recommend to all.

Room Tip: sun is on the front of the hotel if you like sitting on your balcony.
1 Thank sandra d
Dear Sandra D.,

Many thanks for your review on TripAdvisor, for your most favourable comments and for recommending our hotel. Above all we are very pleased to note that you truly enjoyed your recent stay with us.

We hope that you will soon have the opportunity to return and promise you our availability to assist you with future bookings.

Also consider these accommodations in or near St. Paul's Bay
#4 of 15 in Qawra
Sunflower Hotel
Sunflower Hotel
#5 of 15 in Qawra

Been to Hotel Santana? Share your experiences!