3,505 results
All reviews cafe delos swim up bar sea view the bus private beach animation team main restaurant indoor pool large hotel plenty of choice sea front half board breakfast and dinner the air conditioning large balcony time share plenty of sunbeds
Selected filters
Reviewed August 24, 2016 via mobile

Booked via jet 2.

Checking in was fine apart from the sour face of the receptionist. The rooms were not ready so we went for lunch which was nice.

Our rooms were clean and tidy with nice comfortable beds and some storage. The beds did not have a top sheet, just a duvet which was a bit OTT as it was so hot.

There is a fridge in the room but no kettle.

There was no light or mirror near the dressing table so application of makeup and hair style had to be done in the bathroom.

The bathroom was small but adequate. The only problem was the shower head was a bit low down and as I am 6 foot I needed to bend down to wash my hair, that was my exercise for the day!

We did not really have a view from the balcony but as we were not planning to spend much time in the room it was fine.

The slot to activate the electrics in my room was faulty so the electronic stuff stayed on all the time which meant a lovely cold room when coming out of the heat. The aircon was very efficient. One thing that supprised me was Malta use UK style sockets so leave your adapter at home.

There us a good selection of pools, although all of them have limited shallow areas creating congestion. The swim up bar was ace although allowing people to smoke at it was bizarre. The sunbathing areas around the pools were good, some a bit crowded and had holes for the umbrella in the floor. We spent most of the time at the quite pool where there was more room and you could move the umbrella bases. While we were there, there was no massive reserving of beds at dawn so you could always find beds whatever time you came out.

All the bar staff work really hard and are friendly must shout out to Roberta, Michelle and Mitchell who were fab.

There were a couple of restaurants one buffet and one cafe style. The food was fine in the buffet with some bizarre concoctions but there was always plenty of choice. Best meal of the week was Sunday lunch which is a hit with locals and has the best deserts I have had on all inclusive holiday. The food in the Dellos cafe was very good and huge pizzas.

Drinks from the bar were high quality and only sparking wine and bottle of wine excluded from AI package. I worked my way through the cocktail list and cocktail of the day, very nice. The tea drinkers in the group were very impressed with PG tips bags used.

One thing that let's the place down is a lack of information, perhaps it's part of the entertainment to find out where things are and when they open,what's included in the AI package and what isn't. I have mentioned the grumpy reception and it would have been helpful to have been given a map, time table, pool towel cards and an explanation that you have to hand over your room card to be swiped ordering drinks even though you wear a wrist band on AI. You also have to give your room number when ordering drinks on a night at the table.

This hotel is in a great location, the bus station is next door. Buy a multiple trip card from the kiosk as this gives dirt cheap travel, you can use one of these cards for multiple travellers, just tap for as many travelling.

Overall we had a great time, there are some rough edges to the hotel and some of the receptionist need to get some customer care training which could be delivered by the bar and restaurant staff.

Date of stay: August 2016
Trip type: Traveled with family
2  Thank bizzy2001
Reviewed August 21, 2016 via mobile

I cannot fault this hotel, everything was good about it, the pool was being renovated at the time but that didn't bother us too much as they have a nice indoor pool and gym next to each other, although a bit small, it was satisfactory. I would recommend this hotel, staff are friendly and the bus station is literally behind the hotel so getting around is easy.

Nice restaurants close by, the aquarium restaurant is top choice. Rooms are above average and was more than we expected for what we paid. Balcony view is nice, with nice flooring, I don't know what it is but it's comfortable to walk on. Brilliant! Would definitely visit again.

Date of stay: February 2016
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank Dré P
Reviewed August 18, 2016 via mobile

I found this kind of resort just searching on internet, it was not a suggestion from a travel agency. I was attracted by all the services included, they were quite similar to a big resort you can find on more famous islands. Unfortunately the most important thing, the food, really disappointed us. We can honestly say the only good food were the desserts, very tasty cakes, all the rest was totally a mess. About the structure we noticed immediately the not enough number of elevators, they were crowded anytime and we had long waitings to get one. I'm sorry to say the staff of Temple and Delos bar were not kind with us, sometimes they didn't come to get the order and, worst, other times they were not happy and not smiling when dealing with customers. About the All Inclusive service we choose, another disapointing thing: the fish-based restaurant located next to the beach and to the bar correctly included in the service was not included in the All Inclusive, so the only chance to eat some good fish was gone - the buffet in the main restaurant cooked few dishes based of fish and quality was very very poor. Our last night we went to the fish restaurant (in the Amazonia Complex) and the food was great (and also service and staff). About wifi across the structure, quality was poor when places are crowded (not our priority but everyone like to be connected!). Rooms: almost clean but unbelievable how the bathroom door was without key lock, we had to choose time slots to leave room to each other to get privacy! The good news is the position of the resort, pretty close to clean water where you can swim but forget about sandy beach, it's really small and you can access to the sea only by stairs. I will give 3 stars because is not possible to give 2,5 with the mobile app.

Date of stay: July 2016
Reviewed August 18, 2016 via mobile

Wonderful hotel and staff, lovely rooms and very clean, spa is amazing and always something going on for all the family food is great on the the resort I would highly recommend it for anyone. Easy access to main town only 5 mins away, resort over looks the sea. I will deffo be coming back here. Thx dolmen. Helen Rasmussen room 343 x

Date of stay: August 2016
Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank Helen R
Reviewed August 17, 2016

We were thinking that we got a twin sea view room like we got the year before, but we were surprised to have been allocated a timeshare apartment. As soon as we got in, it just went downhill.

The bedroom was very dark. The only window overlooking the corridors is locked, so in order to have some privacy one has to keep this closed in the dark all the time. To make matters worse it was not possible to close the curtains completely to stop anyone from peeking in. The small bedside lamp was coming off the bed board with wires and connectors showing. One can almost stick a finger inside the wiring housing.

The kitchen had a small cooker and hood. I honestly had to avoid looking towards that area when I was walking across the room. The hood was the most disgusting thing I have ever seen in any accommodation including cheap hostels. The hood looked as if it had not been cleaned for at least a year.

The air conditioning/ventilator was so noisy it was like switching on a power tool.

On the bathroom shelf we found what looked like two door hangers. The mystery of what these were doing here was solved by looking at the bathroom door, which had a hole from where the hanger was ripped off from it. Why these were left lying there for us to find shows sheer carelessness.

The furniture, apart from being dated, it has not been moved and cleaned in a long time. Unfortunately I had to move the cabinet opposite the sofa, in order to retrieve a paper that fell between the cabinet and the wall. The dirt was appalling.

In 2015 the breakfast was good. This time round, it was dreadful. Bacon and sausages were clearly not cooked that same day looking and tasting really bad. Hash browns were cold, even black coffee tasted bad. Also, in the restaurant on the wall facing the San Antonio hotel we saw a dislodged electricity wall socket with live red wires, definitely reachable by infants.

A minor negative was encountered during checkout, the male receptionist did not even ask us how our stay was. Also a minor inconvenience was the parking checkout where I had to get out my car out of the parking using the electronic card, and then return this card to the receptionist.

On the plus side, the pool area and bar people were nice. The people taking care of the entertainment were also doing a good job and genuinely enjoying what they do.

I felt this did not feel like a 4 star hotel, the room felt rundown and definitely not worth the 292 euro for two nights. In 2015 we had a positive experience, but this time round we left very disappointed.

Date of stay: July 2016