I read several reviews of different hotels before I finally plumped for the Dolmen. The last time I visited Malta this hotel was just being built and other hotels were very good.
Several years on, the 'other hotels' are now shabby, at least externally, but the Dolmen is as good as you're going to get in Malta. The reception area was good and the staff friendly and helpful. The bedroom was enormous! It's the largest bedroom we have been allocated in any European hotel. Lovely sea view, large balcony, two double beds, clean and functional bathroom, lots of storage space. We did not encounter any noise from the anywhere else.
The dining room was OK; the only problem was the Germans, French and Spanish who do not share our views on queuing therefore there was some barging and 'pushing in' from many of the guests. This, however, is not the hotel's fault. We were very disappointed to see some guests arriving for dinner dressed in shorts and t-shirts when it states quite clearly that long trousers should be worn. Fortunately this was dealt with and it didn't happen a second time.
The only other area where an improvement ought to be made is in the bar. One bar is not enough. It would be better if guests who wish to watch Champions League football were given a separate bar where the sound could also be on the giant television then those who wish to enjoy the live entertainment could do so without the intermittent cheering from the football fans. We wanted to enjoy both the football and the entertainment but not at the same time!!!
My husband would have welcomed air conditioning in the gym.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Beautiful located at the waters edge, the 4 star hotel boasts 375 guest rooms and 38 highly finished superior rooms and suites with panoramic views of the Mediterranean Sea and St. Paul's Islands. All bedrooms and suites are fully air-conditioned, centrally, heated and have their own private bathroom, safe deposit box, satellite TV, direct dial telephone, radio, mini-bar and hair dryers. The majority of the rooms have a balcony or terrace.The hotel's general facilities include a Conferece Centre, Casino, an A La Carte Restaurant, Buffet Restaurant, Piano Lobby Bar, Cafeteria, Swim-Up Bar, Night Club and Caribbean Style Beach Club offering a variety of water-sports, a Diving Centre, Bars and Restaurant. Four outdoor swimming pools are located within the hotel together with one dedicated for children. The newly designed Spa incorporates state of the art Therapy rooms with the latest equipment as well as a Fitness Room, Indoor Pool with hydro massage and sauna. Animation Activities are provided on a daily basis together with a kids club during the summer months. A regular entertainment is held during the evenings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, HostelWorld, Hotels.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotel.de, Agoda, HRS, HotelsClick, Reservation Counter and Despegar.com so you can book your Dolmen Resort Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dolmen Hotel St. Paul`s Bay
- Dolmen Hotel St Pauls Bay
- Dolmen Hotel Malta
- Dolmen Resort Hotel Malta