We have been coming to this hotel as a couple for a long time. This saturday for my fathers birthday me and my family (7 adults and 2 children) went again. Unfortunately we were very dissapointed with the service and what happened on our first night. I checked the guest Directory to see what time the pool closed and it said that it closed at 7pm. Since it was Saturday I called the reception to confirm and they said that indeed it closed at 7. Once we got everyone dressed and the kids where happy and excited we went down to the pool and we were told that children under 16 are not allowed after 5pm even though there where ppl in the pool with children at the time. It was unfair and unjust as it was not specified anywhere before going down to the pool area and we spentthe rest of the night with a crying 3 year old wwho couldn't go to the pool. Had it been specified anywhere on the guest directory or by the reception we would have gone down earlier and not ruined our whole experience. The people at the spa reception where very rude and even before mentioning children they looked at us and said omg how many ppl. (8) The people at reception and the manager all kept telling us "your right" and " we are sorry" but we got no reimbursement for our spoiled stay and being a large group we paid a pretty penny for a half board stay. I am sorry to say if there is nothing done about this matter me and my family and other friends will not be recommending or returning to this hotel. As repeat customers we felt we were treated unjustly and we feel let down.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Beautiful located at the waters edge, the 4 star hotel boasts 375 guest rooms and 38 highly finished superior rooms and suites with panoramic views of the Mediterranean Sea and St. Paul's Islands. All bedrooms and suites are fully air-conditioned, centrally, heated and have their own private bathroom, safe deposit box, satellite TV, direct dial telephone, radio, mini-bar and hair dryers. The majority of the rooms have a balcony or terrace.The hotel's general facilities include a Conferece Centre, Casino, an A La Carte Restaurant, Buffet Restaurant, Piano Lobby Bar, Cafeteria, Swim-Up Bar, Night Club and Caribbean Style Beach Club offering a variety of water-sports, a Diving Centre, Bars and Restaurant. Four outdoor swimming pools are located within the hotel together with one dedicated for children. The newly designed Spa incorporates state of the art Therapy rooms with the latest equipment as well as a Fitness Room, Indoor Pool with hydro massage and sauna. Animation Activities are provided on a daily basis together with a kids club during the summer months. A regular entertainment is held during the evenings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline and HostelWorld so you can book your Dolmen Resort Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dolmen Hotel St. Paul`s Bay
- Dolmen Hotel St Pauls Bay
- Dolmen Hotel Malta
- Dolmen Resort Hotel Malta