We had a lovely stay at the Dolmen Hotel. Our room was of a very high standard and being on the sixth floor with a balcony the view was outstanding. The hotel had plenty of choice regarding leisure time and a large garden area.
We were on a half board stay and were aware that meals would be on a self service basis but we found the food to be very good, plenty of choice, the staff being very helpful and friendly. Unfortunately some of our fellow guests, of all nationalities, did not seem to appreciate the work being done by the staff to try to accomodate everyone, as is often the case.
We did utilise the other cafe and bar facilities, we had a meal in the outside restaurant, located through the tunnel, where the food and service were excellent.
There was a little blip or perhaps misunderstand during our stay, regarding the advertising of the entertainment but once we brought this to the attention of the management it was resolved in an extremely professional way, and to our satisfaction, by the duty manager Jonathan Mallia.
Having the bus station just up the road was another bonus, whilst most services do seem to be busy, on the advice of Francis our courier, we used the bus to get around on our own most of the time.
The Hotel was very quiet, convenient base for our holiday and as a result we enjoyed ourselves thoroughly.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Beautiful located at the waters edge, the 4 star hotel boasts 375 guest rooms and 38 highly finished superior rooms and suites with panoramic views of the Mediterranean Sea and St. Paul's Islands. All bedrooms and suites are fully air-conditioned, centrally, heated and have their own private bathroom, safe deposit box, satellite TV, direct dial telephone, radio, mini-bar and hair dryers. The majority of the rooms have a balcony or terrace.The hotel's general facilities include a Conferece Centre, Casino, an A La Carte Restaurant, Buffet Restaurant, Piano Lobby Bar, Cafeteria, Swim-Up Bar, Night Club and Caribbean Style Beach Club offering a variety of water-sports, a Diving Centre, Bars and Restaurant. Four outdoor swimming pools are located within the hotel together with one dedicated for children. The newly designed Spa incorporates state of the art Therapy rooms with the latest equipment as well as a Fitness Room, Indoor Pool with hydro massage and sauna. Animation Activities are provided on a daily basis together with a kids club during the summer months. A regular entertainment is held during the evenings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, HostelWorld, Priceline, Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Dolmen Resort Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dolmen Hotel St. Paul`s Bay
- Dolmen Hotel St Pauls Bay
- Dolmen Hotel Malta
- Dolmen Resort Hotel Malta