Was at the Dolmen last week on a b&b basis . We requested a sea view which we got . Like another traveller we were given a room at the back on the fourth floor , which , although it was a short walk it wasn`t a hassle . The room was a self catering apartment with everything you could need in it .The tv was rubbish . It was really clean and kept clean daily .The breakfast had something for everyone , and how busy it was, is really when you decide to get up and go for it .I would like to say to the manager of this hotel that a few microwave ovens in the dining room to heat your food up if you like your meals hot would really be a good result for you .Some of the dining room staff could do with putting a smile on their face now and again and remember that we also have had to work to get to the place as well . The price of bar drinks are a bit pricey which usually makes people go out to other places . There are a few good supermarkets nearby if you want to buy snacks . The bus station is next to the hotel . Buy return tickets wich you can use to hop on and off buses . There are a lot of people trying to get you on day trips , especially along sliema promenade which was a pain in the ****. If you get the ferry to gozo , you get dropped off right at the ferry terminal and you pay for your ticket on the return trip . There are taxi drivers at the bus stop right outside the ferry terminal who are downright ignorant in trying to get you to go with them . Get on the bus going to Victoria , you need to buy return tickets as you cant use the ones that are bought at the bus station for use on Gozo . Tickets are definitely not expensive and the ferry was only about 9 euros return for 2 people . Malta is a place you need to make your own mind up about . Like a lot of places there are run down areas and empty bars , shops etc . I would go back for a short break and would use this hotel again on the basis that it was a nice place to stay and the island is easy to get about on .
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Beautiful located at the waters edge, the 4 star hotel boasts 375 guest rooms and 38 highly finished superior rooms and suites with panoramic views of the Mediterranean Sea and St. Paul's Islands. All bedrooms and suites are fully air-conditioned, centrally, heated and have their own private bathroom, safe deposit box, satellite TV, direct dial telephone, radio, mini-bar and hair dryers. The majority of the rooms have a balcony or terrace.The hotel's general facilities include a Conferece Centre, Casino, an A La Carte Restaurant, Buffet Restaurant, Piano Lobby Bar, Cafeteria, Swim-Up Bar, Night Club and Caribbean Style Beach Club offering a variety of water-sports, a Diving Centre, Bars and Restaurant. Four outdoor swimming pools are located within the hotel together with one dedicated for children. The newly designed Spa incorporates state of the art Therapy rooms with the latest equipment as well as a Fitness Room, Indoor Pool with hydro massage and sauna. Animation Activities are provided on a daily basis together with a kids club during the summer months. A regular entertainment is held during the evenings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with HostelWorld, Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Travelocity, Cancelon, Hotwire, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Dolmen Resort Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dolmen Hotel St. Paul`s Bay
- Dolmen Hotel St Pauls Bay
- Dolmen Hotel Malta
- Dolmen Resort Hotel Malta