We stayed here in October 2012 for 10 days and had a great time.
I emailed the hotel with a request of a high floor, refurbished room and the room we got had the most amazing balcony right on the top floor, with a free safe - ok it was right below the noisy aircon unit for all, but the balcony was a big as the room!! The Spa was amazing - I love the sun, but would have happily spent the entire holiday down there!! We did wander up to the MacDonalds on the evenings to collect our emails via their free wifi. The reception staff were fantastic with all our questions. My only grip was the 'battle of dinner time' (nearly same to blows with another guest who refused to move from a table where we had placed drinks and starters but the staff stepped in) we soon learnt that the later sitting was much quieter. There were loads of tables already reserved to groups, which made it abit difficult to find a quiet table for two! I felt bit sorry for the staff as they were just doing their best given the situation. The food was good, not too rich - that was made up for by the desserts so bad for the waistline!
We really enjoyed the position of the hotel with its easy access to the bus depot and promenade - regularly took walks to St Pauls Bay for a great view back over the resort. Got the buses to Valletta, Medina, Golden Bay and Mosta - they were so easy to use.
Used Mermaid for boat trip to Gozo with a stop off in Comino, but were able to swim in a quieter lagoon then many were dropped off at Blue Lagoon which was crazy busy, whilst we traveled onto Gozo. Definitely recommend Mermaid as they were the first non aggressive sales reps - they would only take a deposit as they couldnt guarantee a trip with the weather.
In Valetta used Luzzu Cruises for harbour tour, really good friendly bunch.
Really enjoyed our stay in Malta and would recommend this hotel to any with the warning of the dining room battle.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Beautiful located at the waters edge, the 4 star hotel boasts 375 guest rooms and 38 highly finished superior rooms and suites with panoramic views of the Mediterranean Sea and St. Paul's Islands. All bedrooms and suites are fully air-conditioned, centrally, heated and have their own private bathroom, safe deposit box, satellite TV, direct dial telephone, radio, mini-bar and hair dryers. The majority of the rooms have a balcony or terrace.The hotel's general facilities include a Conferece Centre, Casino, an A La Carte Restaurant, Buffet Restaurant, Piano Lobby Bar, Cafeteria, Swim-Up Bar, Night Club and Caribbean Style Beach Club offering a variety of water-sports, a Diving Centre, Bars and Restaurant. Four outdoor swimming pools are located within the hotel together with one dedicated for children. The newly designed Spa incorporates state of the art Therapy rooms with the latest equipment as well as a Fitness Room, Indoor Pool with hydro massage and sauna. Animation Activities are provided on a daily basis together with a kids club during the summer months. A regular entertainment is held during the evenings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, HostelWorld, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Orbitz, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Dolmen Resort Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dolmen Hotel St. Paul`s Bay
- Dolmen Hotel St Pauls Bay
- Dolmen Hotel Malta
- Dolmen Resort Hotel Malta