We had a good few days away from the cold weather in England but I can really only say the hotel was ok, the resort was good and the transport around Malta was fantastic!
This was our first time in Malta, if you love the fact you can shop in DP, Burtons and M&S when on holiday, like that everyone speaks English and all signs are in English, that you can get an All Day Breakfast,Steak and Chips or a Pizza on every corner this will be the holiday for you. My Husband and I prefer traditional villages, local food etc so was a shock for us so for that reason would not return to Malta in a hurry. I do think this is a great place for your first holiday abroad or for the elderly. There is a great bus service around Malta and would highly recommend the Gozo and North Malta bus tours
Great location within walking distance of all the bars ,Restaurants, the sea and local bus route. Only 20 minutes drive from the airport in a taxi.
I must admit we only paid 50 Euros a night B&B which we cannot complain about at all, if I had paid more I would have been really dissapointed.The pictures of the rooms on the website did not reflect our room at all,the room was very dated with dirty blue bed throws and a dirty blue sofa however the bed sheets,the rest of the room and bathroom were very clean.We also had a great view of the sea with a large red balcony. The balcony did not have a sun canopy so it could get very hot even in October.
Public areas,Restuarants and bars in the hotel
The reception is ok, again dated with leather sofas that would look better suited in a house, it really lacked any wow factor or design concept at all. The reception team were the biggest assett, always helpful with a smile.
The main buffet restuarant was awful, we paid 10 euros each for the first night of our stay which was an american theme but never went back. Your room number is checked on arrival and then that was it! free for all to find a table. I am a Vegetarian and the only main course was an oil filled past dish. I must admit the chef did offer to make me something else but I just wanted to leave. It felt like school dinners gone bad. Breakfast was a mad free for all again.
There was a large selction of places to eat and drink along the strip , something for everyone.
I loved both bars at the hotel the outside one overlooking the beach was great and the 2 for 1 cocktails between 7:00 and 8:00 went down well!. The one thing I found strange was they did not offer table service until you ordered your first drink at the bar. The pool bar was closed as it was out of season.
Very nice and clean with plenty of sunbeds
We did not see any
Cocktail 4.50 Euros
Taxi to airport 25 Euros
Average meal with wine for 35 Euros (one course)
Malta trip 15 Euros per person
My Husband and I travel a lot and I could only give this hotel 3* at best but am sure the time share guests or those in the new part of the hotel may beg to differ.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Beautiful located at the waters edge, the 4 star hotel boasts 375 guest rooms and 38 highly finished superior rooms and suites with panoramic views of the Mediterranean Sea and St. Paul's Islands. All bedrooms and suites are fully air-conditioned, centrally, heated and have their own private bathroom, safe deposit box, satellite TV, direct dial telephone, radio, mini-bar and hair dryers. The majority of the rooms have a balcony or terrace.The hotel's general facilities include a Conferece Centre, Casino, an A La Carte Restaurant, Buffet Restaurant, Piano Lobby Bar, Cafeteria, Swim-Up Bar, Night Club and Caribbean Style Beach Club offering a variety of water-sports, a Diving Centre, Bars and Restaurant. Four outdoor swimming pools are located within the hotel together with one dedicated for children. The newly designed Spa incorporates state of the art Therapy rooms with the latest equipment as well as a Fitness Room, Indoor Pool with hydro massage and sauna. Animation Activities are provided on a daily basis together with a kids club during the summer months. A regular entertainment is held during the evenings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, HostelWorld, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, HotelQuickly, Hotwire, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your Dolmen Resort Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dolmen Hotel St. Paul`s Bay
- Dolmen Hotel St Pauls Bay
- Dolmen Hotel Malta
- Dolmen Resort Hotel Malta