“A decent curry”
Review of Gandhi Tandoori

Gandhi Tandoori
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Gandhi Tandoori is one of the very best Indian restaurants on Malta with over 20 years of experience serving authentic Indian food to the very best of our ability. We enjoy a loyal following of locals as well as a steady stream of visitors and holidaymakers who enjoy the wide range of Indian dishes made with locally sourced ingredients and imported spices. Our top quality chefs originate from the Punjab, and their skills and flavour profiles are second to none. You can choose from our extensive a la carte menu, or come and enjoy our very reasonably priced Buffet on Friday, Saturday and Sunday (Sunday lunch too) where we feature 16 authentic starters and entrees for just one low price.
Reviewed August 7, 2014

My first time eating Indian in Malta. We passed the Ghandi whilst getting newspapers in the morning. The menu looked good and the prices seemed reasonable.

My companion and I didn't book that evening and we didn't need to as we were the first to arrive. We were led to our table and ordered drinks. The menu quickly followed and I ordered the vindaloo whilst my companion had the tikka masala.

The portion sizes when they arrived were generous. Plenty of sauce on both dishes and more than enough rice. The poppodums were a bit expensive at over a euro each though.

Taste wise, it couldn't be faulted. My companion who isn't usually an Indian eater enjoyed their meal whilst I had memories of eating vindaloo back in England whilst eating mine.

Once we had our main, we asked about desserts for me. The waiter said that the chef had only just arrived from India and hadn't set these up on the menu yet and would 'bring something'. What he did bring was two small balls of sponge soaking in a nut and syrup sauce. It tasted nice but most people probably would have sent it back and passed on the dessert.

Overall the customer service was good with 4 waiters falling over themselves to help. Aside from the dessert experience we would go back again. The taste of India recreated from a decent Indian uk restaurant in Malta.

Reviewed August 6, 2014

We came across the Gandhi by chance and decided to give it try there where four of us in our party and we all ordered different meals we all thought are meals tasted incredible I would go as far as to say its the best curry's I have eaten in years and I do love my Indian food along with the excellent service I would give 10 out of 10

Reviewed August 2, 2014

We spent two weeks in Bugibba and a friend from there had told us we should visit Gandhi Tandoori for good Indian food. He was absolutely right. On our first evening we had Lamb Madras and Lamb Vindaloo, both very spicy and delicious, had a bottle of Maltese White Wine and paid less than 30 Euros (without tip). On our second evening we had some starters and mixed meat plates. We were very satisfied with the food and the very friendly service on both evenings and recommend to visit them!

1  Thank Obi S
Reviewed July 30, 2014

We came across this restaurant towards the end of our first week but during our two weeks stay visited on two separate occassions.
The service was excellent and the staff approachable, friendly and very helpful. Our party's age range was 10 - 66 and the food appealed to all. We ate from the buffet which offered a fantastic choice for the main course the starters were selected from the menu.
We always frequent an Indian restaurant whilst on holiday wherever we are but this restaurant was absolutely outstanding in all respects.
Well done guys - when we return to Malta we'll definitely be back.

1  Thank 117zippy
Reviewed July 28, 2014

We had a great welcome, menu was great, extra tasting of new dishes they are going to use , very soon ,
Well done