“Great Snorkeling Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Aquatica

Aquatica
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Welcome to Malta & Aquatica 5 Star Dive Centre, where dedication and professionalism come together to form a friendly environment that you can trust.Come join the adventure of diving in Malta and let us be your trusted guides to a memorable diving experience that you will never forget.Our service provides all divers with enjoyable, flexible and highly customised packages. With a fresh and friendly attitude we aim to ensure everyone enjoys a great day.OPEN ALL YEAR ROUND
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Great Snorkeling Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2013

We were on a 12 day cruise and decided very late that we wanted to snorkel in Malta. Daryl make reserving via email very easy and doable even with our limited email access. And boy are we glad we did! A car picked us up at the cruise port and drove us about 25 minutes across the island to the dive shop. We were outfitted with snorkeling equipment, provided storage for our personal belongings, and then headed out for another 20 minute drive to the Comino ferry. It was just the two of us and our instructor/guide- talk about a private experience! He took us in and out of caves all around the area where boats are allowed at the Blue Lagoon. Having only snorkeled in the Caribbean before, this was definitely a different experience for us. But we had a great day, saw a ton of fish, and enjoyed every minute. Once back at the dive shop, we were driven back to the port with enough time to change and grab a bite to eat before all aboard. Also, including all the transportation, the price couldn't be beat! We had a fabulous day and highly recommend Aquatica!

Visited July 2013
1 Thank Lindsay M

• Finnish first
  • Polish first
Istanbul, Turkey
“Very professional”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2013

I e-mailed Aquatica about the prices and the scope of their services before booking the cource. Daryl, the General Director of the company, instantly replied back, giving all the required information and more. The pickup service from the hotel was very punctual. We went to the shop, made the remainder of the payment and grabbed the suites in proper sizes for us. Simon, my trainer during my try diving experience, was marvelous! He briefed me with patience, gave me all information I needed for try diving. He was so professional that I did not event think for a moment that I would be in danger. The experience was very fun, and he did not leave me alone for a single second underwater. He monitored and kept coming with me all the way down 6 meters. He checked my temperature and equipment all the time. I would absolutely recommend Aquatica to anybody willing to dive in Malta!

Cambridge, United Kingdom
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“Not the best, not the worst”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2013

We were told that our diving was being changed from 8am to midday at 6pm the day before. We arrived at midday and sat waiting in the dive shop until 2pm as no trucks were available. We did the same dive twice on our first day and our guide spent most of the dive teaching an advanced course rather than guiding.

The second day we were persuaded to pay more to dive in Gozo (not what we'd booked) which did turn out to be an improvement on the previous day. We dived the Blue Hole and the Inland Sea which were very impressive but, again, our guide was busy teaching advanced students so we weren't sure where to go and ended up hovering with the rest of the group. I was expecting the guide to point out interesting things and identify fish as with all of our previous guided dives.

My main concern was during our final dive when we were asked to let the guide know when we only had 120 bar remaining as we had a fairly long swim through a cave to get back to shore. I noticed I was down to 120 bar but the guide was not around. He had gone deeper than I am qualified to go with the advanced students so I was down on air by the time he'd returned. This resulted in a fairly frantic swim back through the tunnel to ensure everyone had enough air to do their safety stop. Another member of our group had the same experience, so I wasn't alone in being somewhat alarmed by this.

Regardless of the slightly unconventional setup of these dives, they were quite enjoyable but would have been much better if our guide hadn't been so preoccupied elsewhere and had had the time to point more things out.

2 Thank Sian L
Halifax, United Kingdom
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Very Friendly Professional Dive Center with Great Staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2013

Booked a dive package online via multiple emails confirming all my details with the help of the dive centre manager Daryl.

Was kitted out in brand new top rated equipment (4xl size). The diving itself in Malta is fantastic and I recommend you try and see as much as you can but, Um El Faroud, P29 and Azure Window in Gozo are all a must. Wind direction is a factor so check with dive centre on day to confirm dive sites available (wrong wind direction can turn entry/exit point into a washing machine).

Aquatic seemed to have 4 or 5 dive instructors and 2 divemasters, I was lucky to dive with 4 of them, Simon (instructor) who accompanied me on every dive I done and what a sense of humour, Alan (instructor) the quite professional, John (Instructor) returning to Malta after 3 years teaching diving in Thailand and Indonesia, and Rob (divemaster) better know as Rupert (ask him why)!!

The attention to detail during the dive briefings, the commitment to safety cannot be surpassed or questioned, expert and professional throughout.

Just want to say a big thank you to all the team at Aquatica and the other guest I dived with, made my day!

Belfast, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Very good service!!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2013

Very good diving centre with very friendly and caring staff. Diving groups are small, so every diving instructor can look after you more individually. I have very good experience with Simon, who really looked after the group and gave us maximal attention! They really made my diving in Malta!!!

Visited May 2013