Needed a weekend getaway for two. Selected Hotel Topaz because of their monthly special offering of half-board (breakfast AND dinner at the hotel restaurant) included in the standard room price of 25 euros/pp.
We asked for a quiet room with a king bed. Very courteous staff responded via email telling me my request was received and they would arrange two twin beds accordingly.
Upon arrival, we were very pleasantly surprised to find we had a nice pool view balcony room on the top floor above all the noise below with bed arranged as discussed and found the room to be very clean. Moreover, the breakfast and dinner selections were OUTSTANDING for a buffet service. They offered a nice bottle of wine with dinner for low additional cost of 7.50 euros. Stayed 2 nights and relaxed thoroughly.
We had an absolutely great time and I am very glad to place a review giving high marks to the Hotel Topaz!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Topaz Hotel is a 326 room non-smoking 3 star hotel (as classified by the Malta Tourism Authority) that first opened its doors to customers in 1987. Situated in a quiet part of St. Paul's Bay (Geographical co-ordinates: 35.9469, 14.41209), 700 metres from Bugibba's main square and 800 meters from Bugibba's sea front promenade and its rocky beach. The Malta National Aquarium, the Empire Cinemas as well as the Bird Park are also in the vicinity of the hotel. The accommodation is split over 5 floors in three buildings (with an underpass linking two buildings) having six lifts and has rooms with balcony with internal residential street views or views of the outdoor pool (subject to a paid upgrade) as well as rooms without a balcony. All rooms include a bath or shower and the use of a fridge. A safe is available at a charge of €1.50 per room per day. A flat screen TV with various channels completes the room amenities. The rooms are air-conditioned and heated (times may apply) and rooms may be checked in from 14:00 and all rooms have to be checked out by 11:00. The hotel operates a 24/7 reception desk as well as a pub (closed in the summer months) and a restaurant serving self service buffet meals, a hairdresser, a massage parlour a souvenir shop, hospitality desks, vending machines with hot and cold drinks. The topaz is a free wifi hotel. all areas including the rooms have free wi fi access via facebook entry. The hotel has a multi-use area, 2 small conference rooms and a large hall. The hotel also provides a free four day a week service to Mellieha Bay during the summer months, bookable at the reception desk. The large outdoor pool, which was re-constructed in 1995, has free sunbeds for in-house clients. Bus stop "Pijunieri" is around 300 metres away from the hotel and can take you further north or towards Valletta. The Topaz hotel team wishes you a good stay with a good/price relation service. Anything we can do to ensure this kindly contact our duty managers, head receptionist, housekeeper, maintenance team member. The Topaz Hotel staff shall see to your requirements whilst you are still in resort as nothing can be done after your departure.Kindly contact our duty managers whilst in resort. Any requests for anniversary, birthday, newlyweds, special occasion presents, food and drink can be quoted separately by our catering department. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Cancelon, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, HostelWorld, TripOnline SA, Hotel.de, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Topaz Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Topaz Aparthotel Hotel St. Paul`s Bay
- Topaz Aparthotel And Casino
- Topaz Hotel Malta