“Gluten free treasure”

Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Toronto, Canada
“Gluten free treasure”
Reviewed July 31, 2013

My cousin and I both have celiac, so we were pumped to find a restaurant that served gluten free pizza.

To start, we ordered the bruschetta on gluten free bread - it's not on the menu, but they will do it for you - and it was delicious!!!!

And then we each ordered a pizza, I forget the name of it - but the traditional Maltese pizza. So yummy! Just like my Nannu makes, but gluten free!

Nice puffy crust, yummy toppings, great service, jackpot!

My only complaint is that they don't do delivery :-P !

• Visited July 2013

• Polish first
Malta Europe
“Gluten free meals”
Reviewed July 4, 2013

I highly recommend Mezzaluna for gluten free meals. They are so helpful about ordering g/f foods.. They even gave me gf rolls with my meal!!!! Where else in Malta do you get served like that. The chef and proprietor came to talk to us personally and was very interested to learn more about g/f. I highly recommend this place not just for their excellent food and service but especially for their empathy and understanding towards gf.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank CarolineSMaltaEurope
Attard, Malta
“Quite a regular customer! Will remain so!”
Reviewed May 31, 2013

This is not the first time we've been to Mezzaluna. The food is reasonably priced and of excellent quality. Chef Johann always makes it a point to make us feel at home and is extremely courteous. Would recommend anytime.

• Visited May 2013
Malta
“Expected something better!”
Reviewed May 19, 2013

A very nice restaurant which my wife and I visited for the first time. Looks like a typical Maltese Character House, great serving staff and all the trimmings to complete the scenario.
We were intrigued by the Pizza Menu, mainly the Traditional Maltese Pizza, (which is impossible when we all know that Pizza are originally from Italy) last night and when it was served we weren't exactly thrilled. The bread was (almost surely) pin rolled, so it was thinner than a wafer, as its temperature dropped it was hardly possible to cut it in slices so we had to break it every time.
Verdict: Two option, remove pizzas from the menu or get another (proper) pizzaiolo.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank LombardiMalta
Rabat, Malta
“Cannot Stop Recommending this Restaurant”
Reviewed March 8, 2013

Mezzaluna is one of those hidden gems on the island that I constantly go back to.

Service - impeccable.
Atmosphere - lovely.
Food - YUUMMYY!!!!!!!

Great for couples, families and friends.

Sincerely, there is nothing more to add. I suggest it to anyone.

• Visited February 2013