“Breath Taking...”

Gusto Wine Tours
Ranked #1 of 26 Food & Drink in Montefalco
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Join us for an amazing day out in the Montefalco area of Umbria. Enjoy the award-winning wines, the fabulous food and the generous hospitality of the region. Contact us for more details! Intimate wine tours of between 2 and 8 adult guests (16 and over) visiting small family-run wineries in Umbria, Italy.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities
Reviewed September 27, 2013

This review is long overdue. We took our trip back in March and have shared this experience with all of our friends. It still comes up in conversation and I am constantly winning brownie points for being such a hopeless romantic. To set the stage, Stacy and I have both been married twice before. Both have had extremely similar experiences and when we found each other... we knew. We wished we had found each other before our other attempts at love and partnership. This was going to be a very special trip for both of us. This would be our first trip to Europe together and her first ever... mine as a civilian. I wanted something we could tell our friends about when we are old and gray... Mark and Giselle made it happen. We were only in Umbria for a few days... most of the time spent in Rome. When I contacted Mark, I told him I was of Italian decent and wanted to find something in the Montefalco region because my last name is Falco. He was quick to set things in motion. After telling him a little out Stacy and I, I explained to him my vision. Mark made it happen. We had a Private wine tour in 3 vineyards... an amazing lunch with a wonderful family in their Home that also acts as a B&B and restaurant upon request... and to top it off, Mark arranged for a priest to open a small little hillside church and bless us with a Wedding Blessing in the Italian town of Montefalco. The priest came right out of one of the nearby fields... dusty from his labors... donned his vestiges and blessed us in Latin... he spoke no English at all and congratulated us in Italian. Once the blessing was over, he presented us with a small token from the church... a small religious picture with a humble from and a blessing (hand written in Italian) on the back.

It goes without saying that we will always have this in our hearts. Mark actually assisted in the ceremony as the priest asked him to translate... the priest would speak part of the blessing and Mark would translate it in English... at the end, we asked Mark to have the priest do it one more time without translation so we could have it recorded... What a memory.

On the wine tours... Again, Mark hit this one out of the park. The wines were amazing. We took 9 bottles home with us. He knows his wine and he knows the area. You can't go wrong with Gusto Wine Tours... he can do it simple... or he can tailor it to your specific needs. We will be coming back!!!

All reviews
in 12 reviews
"olive oil"
in 22 reviews

Reviewed September 23, 2013

If you are looking for something other than the "typical commercial tour bus group winery visits" this tour is for you. Small personalized tour group with Mark to 3 small family run wineries with generous tasting samples with accompanying bread and cheese in Umbria with a wonderful and tasteful lunch at a local agriturismo. Mark is extremely knowledgeable of the region of Umbria and it's wines. He shares this knowledge with you in a light and entertaining manner. The wines from the cantines that Mark picked out to visit were excellent. I would recommend this tour whether you are a group or a single traveler. Giselle was very prompt via email to my inquiries and I quickly had a confirmation of the tour.

Reviewed September 15, 2013

Leave aside the problem of drinking and driving, you would be nuts not to use the services of a knowledgeable and entertaining bloke as your wine guide, such as Mark.

Coming from Australia we were keen to understand the wines of the region around Montefalco. We were not disappointed with our full day experience.

3 quite different Cantina, none were huge or commercial, but they were all family owned, with a very personal experience.

Lunch (with a view!) at a local Agriturismo was simple, tasty and really enjoyable.

I felt that I knew a great deal more about the wines, the fruit and the methods behind them after the tour.

Great value for money.

Reviewed September 13, 2013 via mobile

We booked this tour last minute and Giselle managed to squeeze us in. What an excellent tour and experience this was!! Mark was knowledgeable, funny and generous.

The "Cantine's" we visited were amazing family owned wineries with a history in the region and excellent wine with abundant tasting samples! And the lunch we had at a local "Agro-tourismo" was FANTASTIC!! Make sure your hungry!

This was one of the highlights of our Honeymoon and we thank Mark and Giselle for putting on such a great service!!

Gonna send you a couple of the pictures we took Mark! :-)

See more reviews
Reviewed September 8, 2013

My wife found Gusto on a google search, and we basically went with them because of the stellar reviews. In a nutshell, there are SO many reasons why we absolutely loved Gusto wine tours. For starters, the tour guide Marco had such a lovable personable character, his charisma and passion for wine made the experience very enjoyable. He was funny, charming, and polite, and didn't cancel on us despite having a head cold.

Secondly, Mark and his wife have clearly hand picked their cantinas because it all just flowed and fit in together so well. Mark educated us about each type of wine in each cantina in such a fun way, that we will no doubt always reminisce and talk our experiences in Montefalco. These cantinas are not very well know to the world, but so fantastic that its hard to see why.
We loved this tour so much that we are talking about planning on going on another Gusto tour when we travel Italy in the next few years. Take our word, you will not regret it!!

Gusto Wine Tours 5 Stars all the way!! A must on your travels to Italy