“Good tour, wise choices; a bit rushed.”
Review of Gusto Wine Tours

Gusto Wine Tours
Ranked #1 of 25 Food & Drink in Montefalco
More attraction details
Owner description: Join us for an amazing day out in the Montefalco area of Umbria. Enjoy the award-winning wines, the fabulous food and the generous hospitality of the region. Contact us for more details! Intimate wine tours of between 2 and 8 adult guests (16 and over) visiting small family-run wineries in Umbria, Italy.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities
Norwich UK
147 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 291 helpful votes
“Good tour, wise choices; a bit rushed.”
Reviewed June 27, 2013

All in all this was a good day out, thanks Mark and Giselle. We booked at the last minute after having arrived in Spoleto, and being previously rather wary of such wine tours which tend to work from the lowest common denominator ("hey, My, they use black grapes to make red wine do they ??"), but fair play to Mark, he picked three very respectable small independent wineries offering excellent Grechettos and Sagrantinos, and a good Agroturismo lunch, and the whole day was evidently well-organised and rehearsed but did not lose the personal touch. I personally think that four visits would have been feasible and reasonably expected, and we felt a little rushed... short changed... compromised.....as fellow guests were time-constrained by train times which we were not.

Visited June 2013

Thunder Bay, Canada
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Perfect Day”
Reviewed June 27, 2013

My girlfriend and I spent a day with Mark visiting 3 cantinas and a great restaurant. We learnt a lot about the Umbria region and tasted some great wines (the olive oil is really good too). Mark has a number of cantina combinations so I would be interested to come back and see some more. Since the cantinas are small you have a chance to see much more and talk to the owners. The full lunch was amazing. In the Umbria region it can be difficult to get by with English so it was nice the Mark not only had close ties with the cantinas but could speak Italian. If you enjoy wine I recommend this tour wether your a beginner or a connoisseur. Thanks again for the great day!

Visited June 2013
St. Paul, Minnesota
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best day of our trip!”
Reviewed June 23, 2013

My wife and I and one of her friends spent the day with Mark on May 27th. There aren't enough compliments we can could give Mark and his wife Giselle for making our day unforgettable. Everything from the planning of the event, which Giselle handles so flawlessly, to Mark picking us up at the train station and showing us around to three different winers and sharing his vast knowledge of the area and it's wine, to the shipment of the wine we purchased from the wineries from Italy back to the US, everything was PERFECT! The three of us enjoyed drinking wine prior to the trip, but we didn't know much about wine. After we were done with our day with Mark, we all feel like we've built up a good amount of knowledge on the basics of wine. My wife and I spent 2 weeks on our European vacation, split between London, Paris, and Rome, and this day was easily our favorite day of the whole entire trip. If you are in the area, doing this tour with Mark is a MUST! Very much thanks to Mark and Giselle for making this an absolutely wonderful day, we can't thank you enough. We definitely will be back for another tour the next time we're in Italy!
Josh & Debbie

1 Thank juergy120
Perth, Australia
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Free entertainment on our wine tour of Umbria”
Reviewed June 8, 2013

Mark was an absolute hoot! His sense of humour was an added bonus as we weaved in and out of pretty country side dotted with wild red poppies to his choice of our wine tastings. All were excellent wines, very well priced and the families that owned the wineries (cantina) were so delightful with Nonna in her apron bringing fresh from the oven simple but yummy treats to accompany our wines.
Mark's knowledge of the region and it's wines is vast and conversations with him on grapes,terrain,climates,bottling etc was of great interest to my husband and I just enjoyed the scenery the local people we met and the wines of course. There was another couple on the tour as well and the whole experience for all of us was really fabulous!

1 Thank lynette g
Dallas, Texas, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Best Wine Tour in Italy”
Reviewed May 30, 2013

My wife and I had the pleasure of spending the day with Mark. As many of these reviews already say - Mark knows the wine and the area producers like no other. He is a great guy and was a pleasure to spend a day with. We visited three wineries (they call them Cantinas) for tastings (not to mention some great snacks to go with them!). Wonderful wine at increadible prices - we took many bottles back with us. We also had a wonderful lunch at a local farmhouse restaurant. Overall it was a great day and a great value.

1 Thank distribution_guy