My husband and I spent 4 nights at the Lupaia and I can't recommend it enough. We stayed in the Rosso suite, with spectacular views of Montepulciano. The room was beautiful. Impeccably clean, very big and cozy. The breakfast was absolutely delicious. There were like 5 or 6 fresh-baked pastries to choose from (apple cake was our favorite, but there was also muffins, apple streusel, cookies, plum cake, etc). They also served fresh fruit, local pecorino cheese, and capuccinos that were all delicious. I don't eat eggs, but my husband said his poached eggs are the best he's had. We had dinner there one of the nights (we had to let them know that day if we'd be staying) and it was our best meal of the trip. The cauliflower flan that was served as the appetizer is one of the best things I've ever had. I was served a braised beef with a gorgonzola sauce that was to die for. And the custard dessert was delicious. The wine the chef recommended was also very good.
Christine is wonderful and helped us with everything during our stay, from choosing what towns to visit, to making dinner reservations for us at wonderful restaurants close by.
Also, their olive oil bath products smell great.
It is definitely off the beaten path... about a 10 minute drive on a dirt road. But its well worth it... the drive has sweeping views of the Tuscan hills, and hotel itself is worth the extra effort it takes to get there. The only draw-back is that you can't exactly take a nightly stroll, which we like to do.
I would stay there again in a heartbeat.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Overlooking the rolling hills of Tuscany, set between Montepulciano and Pienza, this small Borgo features a unique combination of nature and history, blended in total harmony. Set on a small hilltop, Hotelito Lupaia offers enchanting views over the surrounding hills and medieval villages from all its charming rooms and suites. Each accommodation has an independent entrance and either a private terrace or garden, featuring all modern comfort, while being unique in its style, decoration and details. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Orbitz, Odigeo and Priceline so you can book your Lupaia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotelito Lupaia Hotel Montepulciano
- Lupaia Province Of Siena/Torrita Di Siena, Italy