“One of my top favourites in the world”
Review of Oberwirt

Oberwirt
Ranked #1 of 53 Restaurants in Lana
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Innsbruck, Austria
“One of my top favourites in the world”
Reviewed November 20, 2013

We have always been regular guests at the Hidalgo Restaurant in Burgstall, which is next to Lana. The reason for our visits was not just the food, more likely was it because of Traudi and Renato, which made us feel welcome and they always made sure that we had a great dinner or lunch. When they left the old restaurant, we did never come back to Burgstall.

Today, at the Oberwirt, we can combine the exceptional hospitality of Traudi and Renato with outstanding food and Italy's best wines, recommended by Renato himself. The idea to only serve dishes influenced by slow food is great and you really can get dishes, you would never get in any other restaurant in South Tyrol.

My absolute favourite dishes (to be honest, I love everything I've had there!) are "Tagliata" of White Piedmont Beef and the Saffron risotto! Another course, worth to-die-for and not to be missed is the dessert: Beside finest choices, my favourites are by far Crème Brûlée and warm Chocolate Soufflé. If you are not in a hurry, make sure to order a typical Italian "Espresso" accompanied by a glass of Grappa at the end of a gorgeous lunch or dinner.

Of course everything has its price, but I can only proof that this is one of South Tyrol's best restaurants and the setting is just that perfect for a sunny Saturday midday or a special occasion for just the two of you! You really get what you pay for.

• Visited November 2013