“Holiday stay at Museum District B&B”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Richmond
Museum District Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 13 Richmond B&B and Inns
Reviewed December 22, 2009

We stopped at the Museum District B&B on our way to Williamsburg for a wedding. The owner was so good to us--sending us complimentary bottles of wine and recommending restaurants nearby. She was very knowledgeable about the Richmond VA area and served a wonderful breakfast. The Judge Rhea's suite was splendid, especially the restroom/water closet. If we ever go back to Richmond, we would definitely consider staying there again.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled as a couple

Reviewed December 21, 2009

We were referred to this B&B, but knew nothing about it. We couldn't have been happier with our selection. We were extremely comfortable and our room/suite really made us feel spoiled. The breakfast was exceptional and the wine and cheese in the late afternoon was really a treat. Anna, the innkeeper was helpful on all accounts. Places to go, restaurant recommendations etc. And, just the charm of staying in a beautiful Richmond home added so much to our overall experience.
Astor & Gino DeFulgentiis

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 17, 2009

Spent the weekend in the Judge Rheas suite for a belated 19th wedding anniversary celebration. Anna was so gracious and easy going. The wine and cheese she gave us in evening was a really lovely suprise. The room was cozy yet spacious, and had everything we needed. The bathroom is to die for. I couldn't get enough of the huge bathtub and 2 person steam shower. Breakfast was delicous and company made it even better!

I picked this B&B independent of all Richmond has to offer. I chose it soley on the appearance and reviews, and was not disappointed, and you won't be either!!

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 24, 2009

This was a lovely and comfortable B&B with a welcoming landlady. My husband I stayed here for one night as part of a trip around Virginia and the Washington area in September. We paid $105/per night (including tax) for the Carriage House Room. This was separate from the main house with its own little porch so lovely and private (we enjoyed it so much that we got a takeaway for dinner so we could sit out on the porch for longer). The room was cosy and stylish, and included a TV, fridge and desk – there was also wi-fi provided. We also loved the bathroom with its free-standing bath.

Landlady Anna was friendly without being overbearing – she welcomed us with maps etc of Richmond and suggested key places to see, and on our return from sightseeing provided generous amounts of cheese and wine (she was happy for us to either take this back to our room or enjoy them in her sitting areas). We were the only guests staying at the time but were made to feel very welcome, and spent some time chatting to Anna and her son and daughter-in-law who were visiting with their new baby.

Breakfast was very tasty – we had fruit followed by porridge and eggs I think. It was served round one big table – although we were the only guests on this occasion often it would be an opportunity to meet and chat to other visitors I guess (whether this is good or bad depends on your tastes!) However, Anna was extremely flexible over when she served breakfast – apparently some guests wait until midday or later.

All in all, highly recommended!

Reviewed October 13, 2009

The Museum Bed and Breakfast was a very relaxing place to the night before my wedding. The service was excellent and my room was beautiful and clean. I really enjoyed the breakfasts I had there and the beautifully decorated room made for great pre-wedding pictures. The Museum Bed and Breakfast is conveniently located a few blocks from Carry St. where there are a lot of restaurants and places to shop. I hope to stay there again in the future.

Reviewed October 11, 2009

Perfect in every way ... location, decor, food, atmosphere, rooms. A lovely home in the Richmond historic district with spacious, beautifully decorated rooms. Anna Currence thinks of everything from relaxing wine and cheese to perfectly supplied rooms to elegant breakfasts with organic, yummy, and fresh ingredients. We have already booked our next stay.

Reviewed October 11, 2009

I had one night in Richmond for a meeting and stayed here at the recommendation of a local colleague. I wish I could have stayed longer just to enjoy this place. Based on my own experience and a chat with a couple staying there, the innkeeper, Anna, understands the needs of business travelers as well as those who are at leisure. The neighborhood is lovely, the room charming and extremely comfortable - including a good-sized desk and a good light for some work. Lovely wine and nibbles in the afternoon. I really appreciated the breakfast - not only was it good but Anna uses local providers for meat, eggs, cheese and produce. When I had to leave I actually got up early so that I could sit outside on the front porch for a bit. I travel 15 - 20 days a month and stay in many different types of accommodations. This is a great one! When I am going to Richmond again, I won't look anywhere else.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled on business