The Museum District B & B is wonderfully located in Richmond's Fan district - directly opposite both the Museum and Art Gallery (has terrific pictures from the Mellon collection.) It's a short walk to the magnificent long stretch of period homes in Monument Avenue and there are lots of good local restaurants also within walking distance. We stayed in the Judge Rea Suite - loads of space and a magnificent period-style bathroom as well as a sitting room and separate study. The house itself is full of charm and atmosphere - books and magazines everywhere. The owner Anna is a mine of information about things to do in this interesting town and is very knowledgeable about food and the best places to eat. Her breakfast was magnificent - including seasonal berries, warm croissants and freshly baked bread. We were sorry not to be staying for longer. This must rate as one of Virginia's top and most characterful and charming B & Bs.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This 1922 guesthouse is in the heart of Richmond's Museum and Fan Districts, the city's most vibrant and historic neighborhoods. The Virginia Museum of Fine Arts is directly across the street. We're two blocks from Carytown, a unique shopping district featuring eclectic shops, restaurants of every description (two 4-star restaurants), the historic Byrd Theatre, neighborhood pubs and live music venues. Seven minutes to downtown. Plush comfort, gourmet breakfasts and evening wine and cheese. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotwire so you can book your Museum District Bed & Breakfast reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Museum District Hotel Richmond
- Museum District Bed And Breakfast