We had a wonderful visit at the Museum District B&B because of Anna's warm hospitality. Our room was spacious and included a relaxing steam bath. However, what separated this b&b from others we have visited, is that the owner is friendly & generous, and seemed to want to get to know her guests. She even arranged for us have a history tour of Richmond with a neighborhood friend who is also a professor at University of Richmond. After the tour, we enjoyed chatting with Anna and the professor over some quality wine and an excellent and generous cheese selection. Breakfast was ample with freshly made quality croissants & other breads, bacon, eggs, a selection of fruits..... more than I could eat!
The location is great. In fact, it is right across the street from the art museum which is free. It is a short walk to Careytown with interesting shops and restaurants. Two blocks down the street from the b&b is a wonderful restaurant, but I forgot the name.
There are other b&bs with more elaborate furnishings and elegant settings. This b&b is a gem because of Anna. Stay here for her personal touch and a taste of Richmond hospitality.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This 1922 guesthouse is in the heart of Richmond's Museum and Fan Districts, the city's most vibrant and historic neighborhoods. The Virginia Museum of Fine Arts is directly across the street. We're two blocks from Carytown, a unique shopping district featuring eclectic shops, restaurants of every description (two 4-star restaurants), the historic Byrd Theatre, neighborhood pubs and live music venues. Seven minutes to downtown. Plush comfort, gourmet breakfasts and evening wine and cheese. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotwire so you can book your Museum District Bed & Breakfast reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Museum District Bed And Breakfast
- Museum District Hotel Richmond