“A lovely experience”

Museum District Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 13 Richmond B&B and Inns
Reviewed August 30, 2012

What a beautiful house! We stayed in the carriage house, our own little place in the garden, which was perfect. Breakfast was superb, all fresh, locally sourced and organic where possible. Cheese and wine was delicious. Anna does not skimp on anything and we found our stay to be an absolute delight.
Location is very good too, obviously close to museums but also easy walking distance of Carytown with many restaurants, shops and the Byrd Theatre.

Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Paul W
There are newer reviews for Museum District Bed & Breakfast

Reviewed August 26, 2012

This was my second stay at the Museum District Bed and Breakfast and I loved it. We stayed in the Carriage House, which was cozy and comfortable. We loved having a porch where we could sit in the morning and read. Anna, the innkeeper, was extremely helpful and gracious. She made us feel very welcome. The bed and breakfast is in a lovely location--just across the street from Virginia Museum of Fine Art and a few blocks away from Carytown and its wonderful restaurants. Breakfast is divine every morning; wine and cheese in the afternoon a welcome diversion. I can safely say the Museum District Bed and Breakfast is my home away from home! Can't wait to stay there again.

Room Tip: The Carriage House is small, cozy and comfortable. It's located in the back garden so you'll...
2  Thank KimiGM
Reviewed August 25, 2012

This time we stayed in the Carriage House, which was excellent.
The hostess is very pleasant and helpfull.
It is close to most things I found worthy of being near.
You are being welcomed with wine and cheese.
The breakfast is made from local produce.

Room Tip: The Carriage house is off the main building with separate entrance and you can enter through a side...
1  Thank Tord M
Reviewed August 7, 2012

Can never say it enough. There's NO other place we would stay
when coming home to Richmond than here at The Musuem District
B & B! From the moment we enter the door, till we have to say so long, it's perfection at it's highest level!
Beautiful home, fabulous location, the BEST breakfast ever, wine and cheese that not only is delicious but, results in meeting and chatting with some of the most interesting people from all walks of life. The Innkeeper Anna leaves no stone unturned when welcoming guests to
her place and making sure it's one of the most memorable stays you will ever have!
We always think it's our best trip until we enter the doors for another return stay. She knocks it out the park everytime with her Southern Hospitality which makes this one of the best gems we have
found and favorite B & B to return too...

Reviewed August 3, 2012

I could go on forever telling you how much I enjoyed my stay. The home is gorgeous...large front porch with lovely furniture, beautiful furnishings on the inside, and just fantastic attention to detail. The innkeeper quietly attends to your every need, you wont have to ask for a thing. The location is walking distance to museums, shops, and restaurants. My husband and I had a great stay and cant wait to go back. By the way, breakfast was amazing, and wine and cheese is served in the early evening!

• Stayed: August 2012
Reviewed August 2, 2012

I stayed at the Museum District B&B for two nights while I was in town for a wedding. The owner, Anna, was nothing but helpful with getting around town and places to visit. Unfortunately, I didn't have much time for sightseeing. The breakfast was lovely each morning and was adjusted to accomodate each guest. Anna adjusted the breakfast time on Sunday so the other guests and I could enjoy the fresh croissants! I actually did not attend the wine and cheese in the evenings due to wedding commitments and was sorry to miss out. I stayed in the Carriage House which was perfect for me. This way I didn't feel like I was waking anyone as I came and went from the house. It was a lovely one bedroom area with a claw tub in the bathroom, single coffee maker, desk, tv, and refrigerator. The location was right off Monument Ave. which was a great location for a run in the morning as well.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed July 31, 2012

Enjoyed a wonderful anniversary weekend in this delightful B&B situated in Richmond's charming Museum District. Owner/innkeeper Anna Currence is a thoughtful hostess who serves up a delicious locally-organic breakfast and a tasteful wine and cheese hour along with a side of engaging conversation. Our room (Judge Rhea's Suite) felt like an apartment in Paris — it's character and charm gave us a compelling reason to take our time before venturing out each day. Located across from the Virginia Fine Arts Museum and a short walk from the shops and restaurants of Cary Town, the Museum District Bed & Breakfast is surrounded by the very best of Richmond. Book now or forever hold your peace!

Room Tip: Judge Rhea's Suite, situated at the rear of the building, is quiet, spacious, and luxurious.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple