“Excellent Indian food near Short Pump Town Center”

Malabar Indian Cuisine
Ranked #227 of 1,603 Restaurants in Richmond
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Glen Allen, Virginia
“Excellent Indian food near Short Pump Town Center”
Reviewed July 22, 2014 via mobile

We love Indian food and this is one of our favorites in Richmond. Located very close to Short Pump Town Center, about 1/2 mile South of W. Broad St.

Nice atmosphere and the owner is an excellent host.

I've taken business clients and family along with friends to this relatively small restaurant. Plenty of table styles to fit most groups.

The fresh breads are awesome. Food is superb quality for everything we ordered.

Clean, fresh and somewhat romantic setting.

Albany, New York
“Good Indian Food”
Reviewed February 13, 2014

Stopped for dinner here, to meet up with some family, while driving through Richmond. They had very good lamb saag, mango lassi, and spicy pickle. I've had very good Indian food over the years, and so while this isn't the best I've ever had, I thought it was very good quality, with no complaints. Would recommend you try this place out if you're in the area.

• Visited January 2014
Richmond Va
“I'm 74 years old and....”
Reviewed September 2, 2013

I have been addicted to Indian food since about 1961, and have eaten in dozens, maybe hundreds of Indian restaurants. I have been to Indian restaurants in the UK, Canada, and various cities in the US. I have never actually "dined" at Malabar, but I have had quite a few takeouts, and in my not very humble opinion their food is right up there with the best I have ever had...... end of message.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank xkdude
Chennai (Madras), India
“Decent indian food and little over priced”
Reviewed May 28, 2013

I had tried the Lunch Buffet and also the A' La' Carte menu for Dinner. While I would rate the food as pretty average, you definitely would get a feel of having an indian cuisine with their variety of options. Ambience is great and kid friendly too. Definitely worth a try if you havent been to any other Indian restaurants around Richmond. Very much accessible in the short pump area and not very croweded mostly. So, you are rest assured to have a bite without any wait..

Negatives are it is kind of little over pricey for what you get.

Recommended for a visit to have a hang of Indian cuisine..

Have fun :)

• Visited May 2013
Houston, Texas
“Great Indian restaurant in Short Pump, VA”
Reviewed May 17, 2013 via mobile

We had samosa chaat, masala dhosa, baby eggplant and yellow daal. All dishes were delicious and served hot. We aske for spicy, and they did not over do it. Service was prompt and the restaurant was clean. The decor is ok, but food was great. We found it through Internet search en route to Charlottesville. I highly recommend this restaurant.

• Visited May 2013