“Naan is the best”

Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Chesterfield, Virginia
“Naan is the best”
Reviewed June 18, 2012

I'm not a huge fan of Indian food, but my daughter is. So we gave Malabar a shot last weekend. I had the butter chicken, and I can't even pronounce what my wife & daughter had, but we all liked our dishes. I really like how they ask you how much spice you want in it. But the highlight is the Naan. I've been to India before on a business trip, and visited 4 cities. I had Naan with my meals everywhere I went, and love it. But....the Naan I had at Malabar Saturday was the best I've ever eaten. Its awesome.

• Visited June 2012

Richmond, Virginia
“Liked the best out of all the Indian Restaurants I've been to . . .”
Reviewed March 9, 2012

Did the lunch buffet here. Arrived around 1:15 still somewhat full from the lunch crowd. Did notice the amount of "nationals" eating there, which led me to think - if they eat here it must be good. . . . Good it was. I was pleasantly surprised. The atmosphere was casual, clean and warm. A great variety of options on the buffet. Different tastes and different levels of spice. The naan was sooo good, a nice buttery flavor and the dosas were tasty also. Both come in an endless basket delivered to your table. Absolutely loooovvved the gulab jamun. Service was fine. Owner's wife came to the table and carried on a conversation with us which added to the overall experience. Will definitely be back.

• Visited March 2012
“Great Indian Taste”
Reviewed October 6, 2011

I have been to Malabar several times with my family and originally went based on recommendations from several associates that truly know authentic Indian cuisine. I have never had a bad experience with the food or drinks at all. In fact the Food dishes were very tasty and the spice levels matched our exact needs, we always get medium spicy which is perfect! The only think is sometimes the owner discusses more than he should at a voice level that most everyone in the restaurant that is not in a discussion can hear quite clearly. The extra touch of the owner coming over to see how everything is cannot be overlooked but I don't want everyone to know what he chooses to discuss with me or him repeating the answers I give loudly so that everyone can here. Other than that Great Indian Food, Great Drinks, and Great Service! Enjoy your spices of life at this restaurant!

• Visited September 2011
Richmond, Virginia
“Worst food and Service.”
Reviewed September 14, 2011

"I have been to this place for 3-4 times now, every time i visit them giving a chance, but every single time they disappoint me. The south Indian food is OK not great. People Saying it great must not have had real good south Indian food. I dis-like the service it is very slow and the owner is very arrogant. He does not know what is humor!! He tried to be funny and shows he is straight forward with some of his questions, but some one needs to tell him he sucks big time. Very pricey for its food. I was also told by a friend that they charged a full dish for their 3 year old kid"

• Visited July 2011
3 Thank dr_rkb77
“Total Disappointment”
Reviewed May 14, 2011

I went there looking at the ratings but the food was cold and not tasteful at all. The waiter was very rude and did not fill my water.

• Visited May 2011