“Nice Cuban restaurant!”

Ranked #590 of 1,623 Restaurants in Richmond
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed June 4, 2012

Great place! Very cute. Music nice. We had the pan con minuta. Which was the fried red snapped fish sandwiche, excellent the bar tender and waitress was very friendly

1  Thank bmoresexy

Reviewed May 26, 2012 via mobile

I was not expecting much as my other experiences with Cuban places in Richmond were average, but I was overjoyed to find tasty and authentic food at Kenn Tico! Appetizer sampler allowed us to try croquetas, tostones, and fried Tucson all at once. All were flavorful and just like I found in Miami! I enjoyed my bistec Palomilla - garlicky and full of caramelized onions; arroz moros and platanos maduros complemented nicely. Wife loved the ropa vieja and kids liked the Miami sandwiches. Excellent waiter and he spoke Spanish! Ask for Marcos. Nice Latin ambiance and it was a good value. My new favorite Cuban place in VA!

1  Thank dadrulz
Reviewed May 9, 2012

... maybe not so much. I think Kenn Tico needs to make a decision. Does it want to be more of a bar or a restaurant? Right now it strikes more as a bar and they have a nice cocktail menu to back it up. But it doesn't really work as a restaurant, primarily due to the decor and ambiance. The food is adequate, but is not what will bring you back. The drinks may do that, but not the food. So, if I were them, I'd switch their menu around and bulk up their appetizer menu and keep the mains to casual fair. Then I think they'd have a better balance. Good luck.

1  Thank GracyInVienna
Reviewed April 18, 2012

This place has great food and the atmosphere is nice. The only problem is that unless your getting a sandwich the portions don't match the price.

1  Thank Andrew S
Reviewed April 9, 2012

I had dinner there with colleagues and everyone in our party of four were very pleased. We found the food was excellent (two had ropa vieja and two had the shredded pork dish). The yuca was a new find for all of us - we had it both boiled and fried (I'd chose those over french fries any day). We each had a mojito - everyone got a different flavor and they were all excellent. I loved the papaya. I would definitely suggest it.

1  Thank Laura M