“Racist and Unprofessional Staff”
Review of Can Can Brasserie

Can Can Brasserie
Ranked #11 of 1,603 Restaurants in Richmond
Cuisines: French
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Richmond, Virginia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Racist and Unprofessional Staff”
Reviewed February 11, 2014

The experience that I had on the night of Feb. 11 2014 was pleasant up until 10:45pm. My date and I were the last patrons in the restaurant but keep in mind closing isn't until 1am according to the hours of operation and Michelle our waitress. The actions of the employees were very unprofessional to say the least. I believe that had our skin color been much lighter(white) we would not have been subjected to such treatment. There was another couple that left the restaurant prior to us that was white and as soon as they left, the staff begin talking and laughing in loud voices across the restaurant to one another, having drinks from the bar and carrying on as if we were not customers. Then as time passed they turned the music off, cut the lights off and then cut them back on as if to tell us we needed to leave, by this time it is only a few minutes after 11pm. Completely unacceptable. I have never experienced such blatant racism and unprofessionalism. This was my first experience dining at Can Can and I can not say it was a great first impression. I will not recommend this establishment to any of the organizations I am involved with. However, I will definitely make sure to share my experience through word of mouth and any other forum about the behaviors of the staff at this establishment. I do want to say that Michelle(tall female) our waitress was not a part of this racist unprofessional staff. The staff I am referring to was two male bartenders one tall and slim the other kind of chubby, and what appeared to be a short female night manager and a couple of the waitresses.

1 Thank mochaheaven2012

Alexandria, Virginia
“A Fun Place to Go Wine & Cheese”
Reviewed February 11, 2014

I had a meeting at 3:30pm - not the best time at a restaurant. But the waiter, Tyler, was a doll and my guest and I had coffee and then wine and the cheese plate. Very easy-going atmosphere, delicious cheese. Nice!

Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Tasty Brunch”
Reviewed February 9, 2014

I have been here a few times with my family or friends for weekend brunch, as well as a few dinners. They are periodically changing up their brunch menu and I have never been disappointed. I have tasted their pancakes, waffles, omelets, and parfaits. The waitstaff is friendly and the atmosphere is pleasant, not too noisy and openly designed. I would recommend coming here for a nice weekend brunch or a meal on Cary Street. Just be prepared for the difficulty in finding parking sometimes (like with all Cary Street places).

Cardiff-by-the-Sea, California
“Heavenly”
Reviewed February 2, 2014

Everything was delicious. I wandered in without looking at the menu and I thoroughly enjoyed EVERYTHING they put in front of me. I had the sole. Did you know they make everything from scratch? That includes the butter and the mayo, amazing!

Visited January 2014
Washington, DC
“Can Can Brasserie is a Can Do”
Reviewed January 25, 2014 via mobile

After walking along Cary St. on a cold Jan. night we saw Can Can Brasserie. The music was inviting, and the lighting caught our eye.
We had a fabulous experience. Ryan was our waiter, and everything he recommended turned out right. I have food allergies and was delighted at what they could do for me. The chicken liver mousse is amazing. Never have we experienced mousse as smooth and flavorful before. From starter to dessert this place will always be a Can Can for us in the future.

Visited January 2014