“Good restaurant but they cook their meant like the French (rare)”
Review of Can Can Brasserie

Can Can Brasserie
Ranked #10 of 1,612 Restaurants in Richmond
Cuisines: French
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Holly Springs, North Carolina
“Good restaurant but they cook their meant like the French (rare)”
Reviewed November 1, 2013 via mobile

I ate here with some folks for a business dinner. The food and service were very good. We had reservations on a week night so we were seated quickly. I would recommend this place but watch out for two things. They do not have draft beer (sorry a preference) and they undercook all their beef. A few at our table were appalled by the rareness of their burgers (even though the waiter warned them). I have been to France and they do the same thing (ugly Americans no doubt!). Other than that the place is fun and I would go back if I am in town.

Midlothian, Virginia
“Another fine Sunday brunch”
Reviewed October 22, 2013

A unique Sunday brunch, all the heavy & rich French recipes you could ever want. The Croque Madame is the best of it, lightly grilled and smothered in creamy gravy. There is some lighter fare, but with ever-changing omelets, lobster quiche and Monte Cristo sandwich with maple syrup, it's almost impossible to stick to a diet. Finally, the excellent breads are available for take-out - the apple nut bread is especially well done.

Very crowded inside, closely spaced tables, constantly filled bar seating and a high noise level. But the atmosphere is authentic and comfortable, and works especially well for group visits. Two outdoor patios for the good weather, but hard to get one of the 8 or so tables there.

Service is fairly efficient, even during the peak Sunday morning crowd. Definitely not a drop-in place, though, so be sure to visit their web site to make reservations.

Visited October 2013
Manassas, Virginia, United States
“The coffee and bread was very good.”
Reviewed October 21, 2013

We took a large group of exchange students there this weekend. I had the grilled apple chicken salad and it was okay but very salty. I actually have had apple chicken salad cheaper and better from chain restaurants. My daughter had a grilled cheese which was also fine. The French fries however were very good. The bread they serve with the meal is excellent! The exchange students bought several extra loaves to take with them. Our exchange student had a fish meal which she also said was just okay. They best part was my French pressed coffee!!! They did a good job handling such a large group. One word of caution when ordering the hamburgers...if you want it completely cooked make that VERY clear. All the hamburgers ordered had very pink centers!

• Visited October 2013
Richmond, Virginia
“RETURN TRIP WARRANTED!”
Reviewed October 20, 2013

I went to Can Can 7-8 years ago and had not been back, not because I did not enjoy it, because I could not find anyone to go with me. However, my husband and I were looking for somewhere different from our usual haunts to eat. He knows I love Paris, so suggested we go to Can Can for dinner.
We loved everything about this dining experience. The restaurant's staff, the ambience, the food, the waitstaff, the menu, etc.
We were seated at a table in the front of the restaurant, with the attentive waitstaff properly dressed and the sounds of chatter, music and food being served, I imagined myself in Paris for a few brief moments.
We both ordered the French Onion Soup and enjoyed it. My husband double-ordered the scallop appetizer as his entrée and stated they were some of the best he had tasted recently. I had the Grilled Salmon with Ginger Sauce which was prepared to perfection, medium as I had requested. We will be returning to Can Can and taking friends with us.

• Visited October 2013
Bethany Beach, Delaware
“Great dining on Cary Street”
Reviewed October 14, 2013

Historic building with a wall of window that they open in the fine weather...like sitting outside, only better. Lovely menu and atmosphere.

• Visited August 2013