“Best meal in Richmond”

Cuisines: French
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed September 14, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I ate at numerous places while visiting Richmond but Can Can was by far the best meal we had. I got the braised lamb shoulder, fig appetizer and chocolate creme brûlée for dessert....magical! Don't visit Richmond without eating at Can Can. The wait staff was very attentive and friendly.

Reviewed September 9, 2013

I'm only rating this 4 stars instead of 5 simply because the service was slow. That is a little unfair as well, because they were packed for Sunday brunch. Let me just say that the food and atmosphere were absolutely to die for. I got the Lobster Quiche and it melted in my mouth, perfect texture, light yet firm crust, proportions were spot on. It was very rich, as to be expected, but was balanced by a delightful mixed green salad with a bright vinaigrette. My husband got the salmon crepes and I liked it as much as I did my quiche. The salmon was perfectly cooked, there wasn't even a hint of fishiness. Very velvety and smooth. I will definitely be trying this place out for more of their dishes.

Reviewed September 4, 2013

Our favorite lunch place when in the Richmond area for elegant food, wonderful service and a delightful dining experience at reasonable prices.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

Have used the restaurant for business as well as personal meals. Consistently good kitchen with well prepared entrees and always well trained wait staff. I like the daily plate for good lunch meal at reasonable price. The Fruit bread is excellent and if you are early is available for purchase. Wine is dependable and predictable.

Reviewed August 29, 2013

This is one of our favorite restaurants in Richmond, it's a little piece of Paris in Cary town. We have never had a bad meal here and will always come back. this visit we tried a.o the calamari salad with heirloom tomatoes, delicious, the mac & cheese, outstanding and the onion soup, the bomb! Not to be missed on a visit to Richmond!