“Great Food, but Quite Noisy”
Review of Can Can Brasserie

Can Can Brasserie
Ranked #11 of 1,612 Restaurants in Richmond
Cuisines: French
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Providence Forge, Virginia
“Great Food, but Quite Noisy”
Reviewed June 23, 2013

My wife and I joined several of our neighbors at Can Can on Saturday evening (6/22). Although we anticipated 20 guests, less than 15 showed. No worries, however; John, our server, attended to us all in a very professional, courteous, and informative manner! The pace of our food and beverage service was excellent as was the temperature, presentation, and taste of our menu selections. I had Braised Veal dinner while my wife had the small Lamb plate. We shared a bottle of Bordeaux style wine that was very good and reasonably priced ($34). We 'dined', spending nearly two hours enjoying every morsel. Our only criticism concerned the noise level; the high ceilings and subway tile walls creates a loud environment that, while normal for that time of day and capacity customers, still is a bit annoying. We must recommend Can Can, though, notwithstanding the sound level.

Chesterfield, Virginia
“Surly waiter”
Reviewed June 15, 2013

I went to Can Can for lunch first and I was happy with the food and our waiter was excellent. Having had a good experience I took 6 out of town guests there for dinner. I was so embarrassed because our waiter was rude and belligerent to us because he mixed our ticket up with the table next to us. Somehow this became "our" fault and he was very nasty, lecturing us about fraud and how it would come out of his check, blah, blah, blah. He said he was closing out and he wanted us to pay. It was obvious he wanted to get off work. Next thing you know he showed back up at the bar - we were waiting for our table. I went to him and very nicely said that I was sorry if we upset him (customer apologizing to waiter - new concept, but I am a nice person). Would you believe he started lecturing me again!!! OMG! I told the night manager about this and she said "he has had a bad day".........uh sorry, that does not cut it with me. She said that she would have the manager call me, but three weeks later I have not heard a word. We spent over $550 that night and all I got for it was embarrassment in front of my friends. We will never, never go there again and I will warn people to stay away.

• Visited May 2013
5 Thank Ann S
Richmond, Virginia
“A little Paris in Richmond”
Reviewed June 13, 2013

The food is always great here. Last night was our first time to have dinner here. We usually are here at lunch. Highly recommend: Beet salad on their summer menu. Menu is seasonal, and it changes every couple of months. Great bread. There were several very good fish dishes including grouper and mahi mahi. Excellent friendly service by knowledgable employees. Only complaint (and not really one since we eat here every time we are in Richmond!): it is expensive. Dinner for 4 with house wine was a little over $200.

Visited June 2013
Palm Beach, Florida
“Good Happy Hour with Amazing Burgers too!”
Reviewed June 12, 2013 via mobile

A favorite of my daughter's, we went for happy hour 5$ wine and beer ! Good beer and wine selection, different happy hour food specials nightly. I had a french wine with the pâté' only $3.50 served with apricots on the side. It was good. DD had the $8 Texas burger special. Hamburger served with brisket, French fried onions plus more on top! Giant Texas sized burger! DELICIOUS!!!! Order if you can!
The picture is of a cheese burger.
Check it out! Melissa was our bartender she's friendly and provided good service.
Next time I'll go for dinner!

U.S. expats
“Yes You Can!”
Reviewed June 10, 2013

Charming restaurant, with a really great vibe, and a very reasonable menu (both in terms of price and brevity).

Service was excellent, but I thought the food could have been better. Those of us that got the hamburger were very pleased, and the frites, which were shared around the table, were certainly reminiscent of a French bistro. Seafood dishes like bouillabaisse and moules frites were also delish.

But simple things like a croque monsieur and a chicken salad were only...meh. Roasted corn chowder, which should have been thick and filled with corn, was thin and tasted like it came out of a box.

Coffee was very good, the house wine was excellent, and the beer offerings were great.

Improve the quality of the food overall, and this place will be unbeatable.