“Cockroach!!! Stay away people!!”
Review of CHA Chas Cantina

CHA Chas Cantina
Ranked #953 of 1,612 Restaurants in Richmond
Cuisines: Mexican
Richmond, Virginia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Cockroach!!! Stay away people!!”
Reviewed October 31, 2012

Today October 31st, 2012 I went to this place because it looked full of people and they had this chorizo burger which sounded delicious. The place looked nice inside and inviting. Once I ordered, the waitress brought me the Coca cola that I had ordered and I happened to find a dead cockroach floating in my soda. I told the waitress and all she did was apologize. I ran out of there faster than the speed of light. I have never had something like this happen before!!!

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank Clary T

Chesterfield, Virginia
“Average Mexican”
Reviewed July 9, 2012

With a Mexican restaurant, you can usually tell if its going to be good right off the bat with the chips & salsa. Both average at best. I had the mahi tacos, my wife chicken tacos, and my daughter the veggie burrito. The chicken tacos were the best of the bunch, but the other two were pretty so-so. Service was pretty good, which is why I went 3 stars vs 2. The reality is, there are better Mexican restaurants in Richmond.

• Visited July 2012
Michigan
“Pretty yummy!”
Reviewed May 7, 2012

I visited here for dinner on Thursday night- they had a nice drink
special menu that I couldn’t participate in because I am expecting but
it appeared to be a fun hopping place! I had the pork tacos- the pork
was a little sweeter than I preferred (more like bbq pork than pork
that I have had in tacos before) and black beans on the side- the
cucumber salad was nice and refreshing. I had the soppapillas for
desert and they were also very good- the servings here are very big so
consider sharing or take some home for the next day!

Visited May 2012
1 Thank eclipsethecat
, Manager at CHA Chas Cantina, responded to this review, June 25, 2012
We are glad you had a great experience at Cha Cha's!

We hope all is well and that we will be seeing you again soon!
Chesterfield, New Jersey
“Beware!!!”
Reviewed March 25, 2012

My wife and I were strolling up and down Cary St trying to decide on what to have for lunch. We decided on Cha Chas for some southwestern fare. MISTAKE!!! Upon entering, we were immediately seated by a pleasant hostess/waitress/bar tender. It turns out, the nice young lady was doing everything (minus cooking). There were about 5 or so patrons at the bar as well as 16 (including us) people at the tables. Most of the diners came in within a few minutes of each other which created too much work for the one waitress. I give her credit, she handled it well, though like in a previous post, I was minutes from leaving due to the time it took to get an order in. Fortunately, she kept us occupied with chips and salsa. My wife ordered shrimp tacos and I had a chorizo quesadilla. That was seven hours ago and I am STILL regurgitating the greasy mess that came out as my meal. I'd like to find something good from my meal but it is very difficult. My wife's tacos, presented nicely, were bland ( as per her). I like simple as well as sophisticated food and am by far a picky eater. But this is somewhere I will not be returning to. On the day we visited, it was cool and rainy outside, so of course, the air conditioner kept coming on and blowing cold air over the diners. Despite being way understaffed and serving really bad food, the waitress did a fine job and was very pleasant. There, I found the diamond in the rough. Cha Chas appears as if it could be a fun watering hole on a Friday or Saturday night but even then, after having the food, I'd be leery about ordering any beers on tap. With the many cafes, restaurants, bistros etc to choose from in the area, Cha Chas really needs to step it up.

• Visited March 2012
2 Thank FlyGuy12
Crozier, Virginia
“Awful Experience”
Reviewed January 15, 2012

We went there because we had an Entertainment Book coupon and arrived when they opened on Sunday. There was only 1 customer there besides us. Ordered crab cakes and were told they were out of them. After settling for something else, we waited 35 minutes for food that never arrived. When I hadn't seen my waitress for about 20 minutes, I got up and went into the bar/foyer area to check on our food and there were no employees in the front of the house. I had never been in a restaurant where you couldn't see an employee...wierd, so we left and will never, never return. How they are still in business is a mystery.

Visited January 2012
2 Thank Danmar333

Been to CHA Chas Cantina? Share your experiences!