“Fresh seafood - delicious”
Review of Skilligalee Restaurant - CLOSED

Skilligalee Restaurant
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Arlington, VA
“Fresh seafood - delicious”
Reviewed November 6, 2011

Seafood was fresh. We had oysters rockefeller, flounder stuffed with crabmeat, bacon-wrapped oysters, fried mixed seafood. I was surprised the place was relatively empty on a Friday night, because the food quality deserved for this place to be full.

Visited November 2011

Richmond, Virginia
“Gordon Ramsey needs to visit”
Reviewed September 4, 2011

Skilligalee used to have a great reputation in Richmond. During the recent hurricane my family and I stayed at the hotel behind Skilligalee because we were without power. I was too tired to drive so we went there for dinner. Oh Boy... Where do I begin?
Service was friendly and fast. They filled my wine glass up to the top, so that was a "plus".
The decor was dark and dismal. My kids said it made them lose their appetite. The clientele is mostly the elderly and the taste and consistency of the food reflects that. We ordered the crab dip to start and the crackers were the most flavorful part of that dish. Everything else was bland, greasy, and just bad. We left most of our food uneaten. Our dinner was $80 and we hardly ate any of it. What a waste.
Skilligalee is a Richmond institution and I would like to see them succeed. I hope they make some major changes, otherwise we won't go there again.

• Visited August 2011
2 Thank Crystal D
AR
“Not Great”
Reviewed September 1, 2011

I had the Oysters Rockefeller...it was like a spinach omelet on an oyster. I've never had one quite like it and hopefully won't again. The oyster itself was nice and the cabarnet was good and the fresh bread was good.

The manager pulled up a chair at a diner filled booth and talked in a very loud voice the entire hour I was there. It was very annoying...I was on the other side of the room! I was tired of hearing about beer, Disneyland, and everything else that came out of his mouth. If that's his idea of managing a restaurant, he needs a lesson. I guess he didn't realize they were there to have dinner and not to listen to his endless chatter.

The restaurant wasn't empty, but very few diners.

• Visited September 2011
1 Thank SpankyandAlfalfa
Piedmont, SC
“1st Timer”
Reviewed August 10, 2011

I had the seafood platter with shrimp, scallops, oysters, crabcake & fish with spoonbread and squash as sides. I would come back again. Get the spoonbread and the crabcakes.

Richmond Va
“Red Lobster does a better job.”
Reviewed January 20, 2011

We have had lunch here occasionally, only because the people we were with liked this restaurant., and I do not understand why. I am not going to say "do not eat here" or anything like that, but it really isn't very good. The outside of the building promises but the inside does not deliver.

• Visited January 2011