“Pleasant atmosphere and tasty fare”
Review of Penny Lane Pub

Penny Lane Pub
Ranked #106 of 1,619 Restaurants in Richmond
Cuisines: Pub
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed August 19, 2013

There is seating outdoors by a fountain, inside by the bar or in the diningroom or upstairs (for smokers). The diningroom is full of interesting items as well as several tv screens with sports games. They also put a trivia card game on the table which was fun to play. Being our first visit, we appreciated the patience of our waitress and she even gave us a sample of one of the beers before we ordered the pint. We enjoyed the warm brie appetizer but felt a bit rushed when the meal (fish and chips) arrived too soon. All together, the restaurant was pleasant and the food tasty. We felt very relaxed after a very long hectic day. This was within easy walking distance of our B&B on Franklin and 2nd.

There are newer reviews for Penny Lane Pub

Reviewed August 18, 2013

We drove by this pub by total chance and decided to give it a try, we had not found any other choice besides burger and pizza places. What a surprise, and a good one at that ! A real English pub, with all the right decoration and, most important, the right choice of beers and food, pub food !
I was a memorable evening, we were waited on by a very friendly hostess. My teenage daughters, my wife and myself recommend this place to European tourists with a love of English pubs and to all American visitors who would like to enjoy apiece of England without the hassles of travel.

Reviewed June 12, 2013

My husband and I stopped in with our six year old on a Friday evening for an early dinner. Penny Lane feels like what you would expect from an English pub, with dark wood, stained glass, memorabilia all over the walls, and soccer on the televisions. I had the bangers and mash, which came with a beautiful assortment of vegetables. My husband had the Curry (hot) and my son had the Chicken Tenders. Both of their meals came with fries, which were perfectly crisp and begging for the malt vinegar that was already on the table. We all enjoyed our meals, and the service was adequate, though nothing special. The highlight of the meal was actually dessert. We shared the Guiness Cheesecake, which is not to be missed! We will come back the next time we are in the area.

Reviewed June 2, 2013 via mobile

Disappointed. Was really looking forward to eating at this restaurant but the food was just average. One family members food was cold, another said hers was just ok, I kept biting down on something hard which I think might have been the rosemary on the potatoes. The atmosphere was great, love how the pub was decorated, waitress was attentive. Unfortunately we all decided we did not care to go back.

Reviewed June 1, 2013

We were delighted to find the Penny Lane Pub near the convention area of Richmond. We ate in the bar area which was one of several places one could eat here. The walls were covered with momentoes and from the ceiling hung several English soccer( futbol) banners. Traditional pub food was served and my fish and chips were very good. The beer selection was excellent and the service attentive. We enjoyed our visit and would return.