“Fun atmosphere”

Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Columbia, Missouri
“Fun atmosphere”
Reviewed May 6, 2013

A fun little bar with a great selection of drinks and memorabilia to look at. We were able to add to our pint glass collection with a glass from Penny Lane. We also visited during the Olympics and it was a fun atmosphere to watch the events in.

Visited July 2012

Hamburg, NJ
“Good lunch spot.”
Reviewed April 4, 2013

Good lunch spot. This place is a bit outside the main downtown area and is one of the best choices in its location. Owner has a nice sense of humor.

• Visited March 2013
Richmond, VA
“Awesome space, solid food, great beer selection but...”
Reviewed April 3, 2013

The wife and I live in Richmond and have been to this place more than once. They have a fantastic location in the heart of Richmond and they have a solid core group of regulars who frequent for soccer matches. It's a lively place with a great "pub buddy" vibe.

Vibe:
I love the vibe in this place, it's dim lit and there is stuff everywhere. It feels like a london bar (although i've never been..) and I just feel comfortable hanging out there. I love a good pub that makes you feel like you'd like to kick back for a few and not worry about the next person that wants your table.

Service:
Every time we've been to the pub the service has been fair to poor. We have always had table service so I can't speak for the bartender service, but the waiters always seem to be flustered and possibly overworked. The last time we were there the waiter literally said "i'm not very good at what I do so you'll have to bear with me" and sort of reprimanded my group because we didn't all order our second round at the same time. He said "You guys are going to have to give me a break and let me know all at once for the next drink order so i'm not running back and forth"...... I understand that the hassle is annoying, i would be annoyed too, but that's not the point, you're being paid (and tipped) to serve this table and make us want to buy more beer and more food. Also, my wife asked the waiter for some bacon cheese fries, pretty simple pub order although not on the menu, he gave her a pretty condescending look and asked "have you ever ordered that here?" we said "um.. yes" and then he took the order with a pretty passive aggressive perplexed look on his face. It was just poor service. Nice guy, but very poor service.

Food and Drink:
I have had the French Dip sandwich as well as the Fish and Chips here and they were both great. The Au jus (sp?) for the dip was way too salty but hey, i had beer so I didn't mind. The wife got some fries and they were great.
The Beer selection rarely changes, but it's always solid. They have our local beer the Hardywood Singel (buy it. order it. it's a great beer - support RVA Beer), and they have the Fullers porter and london pride, as well as Blackthorn cider, an IPA (wasn't the best) a scottish ale, and at the time that I went they had a Black IPA from Sierra Nevada which was great. They also do custom concoctions like they do in EU such as a Snake bite or a shandy

Value:
This gets a D from me. All of the food was decently priced, however the beer was ridiculous. I understand that when you're swigging on craft beers the price will go up, but I dropped a LOT of money on the group, I'm not sure what the TA rules are for posting dollar figures but the beers were far too expensive. If I go to a pub I expect the beer to be fresh, flowing and at a reasonable price. It is not.

Overall:
I like this place, it's the kind of place that I WISH was better because I like it so much. Unfortunately I would not recommend it unless you're really into soccer and want to hang out somewhere for a match. If you're into drinking good beer in the City, go for Station 2. If you're further west, go to Mekong.

• Visited March 2013
Midwest
“Fun for drinks”
Reviewed March 24, 2013

We were interested in a fun place to enjoy beverages on a Friday night and this was perfect! We had do much fun here and loved the atmosphere and shandy. Great decor and music made for a great place with friends.

New York City, New York
“Very welcoming staff and walls full of knick knacks”
Reviewed March 14, 2013 via mobile

I thought it was going to be a traditional Irish pub like any other but from the moment we've entered, it was different.

The foyer is very large with a fountain. I guess the foyer is really an outdoor space. Great for summer

Before we went inside the host (older man) pontes out the specials inside the traditional English telephone booth. Very interesting way to read ten specials :)

Once seated, the nice waitresses took our ordered and helped us decided. 20 minutes later our food arrived. The wild mushroom was very good. The sauce was not the think as I've expected it and the garlic bread was a nice addition.

My colleagues had the turkey panini and the chicken ( specials from the phone booth). Both of the dishes looked great and the portions were moderate.

The place is full of stuff. Mugs, key chains, pictures, variety of decorations....you name it. The staff was very nice by pouring water into our glasses, letting us know to eat or veggies and just being nice people.

Thank you for the nice meal and experience