“Great food”

Virginia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great food”
Reviewed March 11, 2013

This was our second visit to Edo's Squid. Our fried squid appetizer was the best I have ever had. Loved my oyster stew and my dinner companions were also very happy with their choices. Nice pleasant waitress and, although the small restaurant was very loud, somehow it didn't bother me as it usually does in restaurants- it almost seemed to add to the atmosphere! Fun experience, reasonable prices and great food!

Visited March 2013

Ocean City, Maryland
“Great Food, Well Priced”
Reviewed March 11, 2013

My husband and I had dinner with our daughter and her fiance on Friday evening. The food was well prepared and there was lots of it. The portions were huge!!! The restaurant is very small and you feel as though you are sitting with the people at the tables next to you. Our waitress was average at best. She did not take the time to explain the menu, however our kids had been here before and explained it to us. By the end of our meal there were at least 20-30 people waiting for a table and there is no where for them to wait, so they just stand by the wall and look at the people dining. That was a bit unsettling. Overall, it was enjoyable.

• Visited March 2013
Richmond, Virginia
“We will certainly be back!”
Reviewed March 7, 2013

I had heard from my fellow restaurant co-workers that this place was good. My boyfriend and I parked in the lot by plaza art for a dollar. We were a little confused upon entering..I knew that it was upstairs near stuffy's but when I started up the stairs it looked like the back of a restaurant. There was dry stock items stored there and brooms hanging on the back of the door. We went on ahead in and it was quite welcoming once you got in there. They didn't have anything on draft but my boyfriend was able to find something in a bottle he wanted. We had the calamari (approx $10) as an appetizer. It was the best I've ever had. It wasn't served with marinara but it wasnt needed. They served an artisan style bread that was good but they didn't provide butter. They had olive oil so I used that along with some table pepper but it would have been too dry otherwise. I ordered the broccoli rabe, ricotta pasta dish (approx $11) it was really good but I would not recommend this if you don't like garlic. My boyfriend had the mixed seafood pasta (approx $12). The sauce was light but flavorful. It had a nice selection of seafood with 1 shrimp, 2 clams, 4 mussels, several squid and rockfish. I was happy with the value and the service. We went about 3:30 in the afternoon so it was just us and one other table, the food was prompt. The only complaint I have is that the menu doesn't have enough or any description. It just has the title of the dishes and doesn't list the ingredients of any of the dishes. I could see how that would be frustrating for someone who is picky or has allergies. I don't like to be one of those customers who asks too many questions so I played it safe and was happy with my food. Our bill for 1 beer, 1 app and 2 entrees was $42. If you like seafood and pasta I can recommend this place for you with ease.

• Visited March 2013
“Top Resturant”
Reviewed February 8, 2013

You will not be disappointed. this is one of the top restaurants in Richmond. Nice setting, good service and excellent food.

Visited January 2013
Richmond, Virginia
“Tasty and reasonable.”
Reviewed January 12, 2013

I had a shrimp linguini dish that really hit the spot, and my friend got the carbonara which was delicious. Nice wine selection, too. Our waitress was a little stiff, but that's secondary, I guess.

Visited October 2012