“Best Calamare”

Cuisines: Italian, Seafood
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed December 11, 2012

Edo's Squid has consistantly served the best fried calamare I have had outside of Italy. Their pastas are also great. Get there early as the crowd starts about 6:00pm,

Reviewed December 9, 2012

I have rarely been to a restaurant that won't accomodate small changes in their menu, but Edo's Squid turns out to be one of those rare restaurants. I was there with a party of 6 in November the night before the Richmond Marathon. I ordered ziti, shrimp, broccoli, and marinara. The waitress told me that was not an option, even though all of those ingredients were on the menu. She told me I could have it with spicy sauce, as it is on the menu, but I didn't think a spicy dish would work well for me since I was running 26.2 the next morning. She couldn't explain why, was frustrated at my questions, and went so far as to ask if we planned on staying or leaving. Being a frequent visitor to the Italian Restaurants in the North End of Boston where this practice is common place, I was totally shocked. Tonight I am in Las Vegas and ate at Noodle Asia in the Venetian. They had a dish that sounded good to me, but was spicy. I didn't want spicy. The waitress told me they could make it any way I wanted. That is the normal way restaurants operate- accomodating their guests. Unless you like dishes that are pre-made and reheated (which is apparently why Edo's can't make any changes) I would recommend you stay away. If you look at their menu and the dish is exactly as you want it, then you're in luck.

Reviewed December 1, 2012

Came here with friends and the food was fantastic! The menu was extensive, and we all tried and shared different dishes. I recommend calling and making a reservation, as the wait appeared to be quite long for those who didn't. Overall a fantastic dinner spot.

Reviewed November 25, 2012 via mobile

Very tight space but definitely a great find. Relatives recommended this place so we had no idea what to expect. We were very surprised to see how small/tight it was. We had to wait a while even with reservations but it was well worth the wait. We had a party of 8 so we ordered country style which was great. We tried 3 different entrees and the Karl was everyones favorite.

Small place but great food.

1  Thank VaReview
Reviewed November 13, 2012

I love places like this.

Amazing food. All of our entrees were really, really well prepared. High-end ingredients. The place is loud and the service staff are less than friendly. Moving past them, the decor is like a big loft they just decided to open up and fill with a bunch of tables.

We went there the last time I ran the marathon in town and it was one of the things we were excited to try again when we came back to run again. Really, really great low-key restaurant.