“Delicious Food!”

Cuisines: Italian, Seafood
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed December 1, 2012

Came here with friends and the food was fantastic! The menu was extensive, and we all tried and shared different dishes. I recommend calling and making a reservation, as the wait appeared to be quite long for those who didn't. Overall a fantastic dinner spot.

Reviewed November 25, 2012 via mobile

Very tight space but definitely a great find. Relatives recommended this place so we had no idea what to expect. We were very surprised to see how small/tight it was. We had to wait a while even with reservations but it was well worth the wait. We had a party of 8 so we ordered country style which was great. We tried 3 different entrees and the Karl was everyones favorite.

Small place but great food.

1  Thank VaReview
Reviewed November 13, 2012

I love places like this.

Amazing food. All of our entrees were really, really well prepared. High-end ingredients. The place is loud and the service staff are less than friendly. Moving past them, the decor is like a big loft they just decided to open up and fill with a bunch of tables.

We went there the last time I ran the marathon in town and it was one of the things we were excited to try again when we came back to run again. Really, really great low-key restaurant.

Reviewed November 8, 2012

This is a funky place, smallish, crowded, noisy, no nonsense. Just solid Italian food. Plenty of red-sauce pasta classics. The veal special I had was excellent. And yes, as it's name suggests, they do offer quite a few squid (calamari) dishes. The place is near Va. Commonwealth Univ., and seems to draw a young, enthusiastic college crowd. Not a place to go for quiet contemplation.

Reviewed November 3, 2012

My manager took me there and I thought it was great. You would never expect such fine food in this location