“Excellent Pizza” 5 of 5 bubbles

Maldini's
Ranked #714 of 1,594 Restaurants in Richmond
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff
Wilson, North Carolina
“Excellent Pizza”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 12, 2012

Just finished dinner at Maldini's in Richmond. Our table enjoyed pizza, Stromboli and several pasta dishes - all were excellent. Service was also quite good. Jason, the manager, stopped by several times to make sure everything was satisfactory. Overall an excellent and reasonably priced dining experience.

• Visited May 2012

Richmond, Virginia
“Generations of Goodness!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 6, 2012

My wife, her mother and I enjoy meals from Maldini's. Whether its dining in or picking up or delivery through their on-line service their cuisine is always good. The meat dishes plus vegetarian fare isconsistently good. I recommend the eggplant parmigiana and my wife likes the clams in white wine sauce. We have also tried other pasta dishes which are worth the price.

Visited March 2012
Leland, North Carolina
“Little bit of Sicily in Richmond”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2012

This was our fourth visit to Maldini's and if consistency is the sign of a good restaurant - this one delivers. With a large menu and wine list there is something for everyone. We really like their daily wine (glass or bottle) and drink specials. The food is wonderful. Not cheap but not too pricey either for a local spot ($78 with a bottle of wine, two salads and two pasta dishes and a nice tip). The service on this last visit was exceptional. We were served by the manager Jason (from the Bronx - thus a fellow former New Yorker) and he was so helpful and provided outstanding service. Atmosphere is very pleasant, nice bar and always quiet. Parking always available. If you want reliable very good food and service to match pay a visit to Maldini's. You won't be disappointed. Great for families too as their pizza gets great reviews too (haven't tried it yet because too many other great choices on the menu).

• Visited March 2012
Richmond, Virginia
“Can be Amazing on the right night”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 28, 2012

This is a neighborhood place near my home. I have had some of the most amazing pizza ever there. The house chianti is quite good. The salads are crisp and fresh. I will say that on occasion I have been disappointed with the quality of the food. I took my sons there New Year's Eve and the food was mediocre at best. They have a varied menu and sometimes offer prixe fixe specials for holiday occasions and what have you...also, there have been some lapses on the part of the service staff. Still, worthy of your support.

• Visited February 2012
1 Thank bunnyholmes
Columbia, South Carolina
“Magnifico”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 18, 2011

Every time I visit my sister in Richmond, I ask to eat at Maldini's. My sister lives in the neighborhood so we can walk. It's a neighborhood restaurant and reminds me of the places we eat at in Italy. Inside it's warm and friendly...good for a family night pizza or a special evening out with friends and/or family. The menu has something for everyone, but I usually order one of the specials. The special I ordered was Zuppa di Pesce which is a fish soup. It was served in a beautiful fish shaped bowl. It was a spicy (Southern Italy) tomato base soup full of shrimp, scallops, clams, mussels, fish, calamari and a bit of lobster. This was served with a house salad....all for $21. The bottle of wine we ordered Montepulciano d'Abruzzo was a house special for $20 and was a very good red table wine. My husband ordered the zuppa di pesce as well and my sister ordered Vitello Lemone (veal scallopini in a limon, capper sauce) which came with a salad and a side of spaghetti. She loved it all as did we. A very good value and quality for the money and what a find in sort of a fast food area. The owner (from Sicily) waited on us and was very informative about the food and wine. He certainly brings wonderful Sicilian flavors to the table. On previous visits I had the rack of lamb (which was amazing) and pizza (yummy). I'm looking forward to the next visit.

• Visited November 2011
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Been to Maldini's? Share your experiences!