Open today: 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM

Ways to Experience River City Food Tours
from $85.00
More Info
All reviews arts district dietary restrictions a great tour guide team outing cary town fun afternoon spend an afternoon church hill a lot of fun brian history blast neighborhood tidbits businesses
Selected filters
Reviewed February 11, 2019 via mobile

This was a wonderful tour. All the stops were good and varied. We learned about the food, the area and heard from some of the restaurant owners.
There was plenty to eat. We cancelled our dinner reservation.
We walked some but not too much between places.
I would like to do the other tours on a later visit.

Date of experience: February 2019
Brian B, Owner at River City Food Tours, responded to this reviewResponded February 11, 2019

So glad to hear, B.! I'm sorry we ruined your dinner reservation, but I'm glad it was worth it!

Reviewed February 11, 2019

My family booked a Church Hill Tour with River City Food Tours in February 2019, and it was a fantastic experience! Brian was very knowledgeable about the food venues, influences, history of the area and was an all around great guide! Church Hill is the oldest district in the city and Brian did an awesome job integrating history into the tour itself. Our tour included an authentic Ethiopian venue, a delicious wood-fired bakery, 81/2 pizza, a craft market, and several others! Each person in our group walked away really impressed with the overall quality of the tour, the venues we visited, and full happy bellies! Highly recommend using River City Food Tours!

Date of experience: February 2019

C., you and your family were a ton of fun! Thanks for letting us be a part of a weekend-long celebration of birthdays!

Reviewed February 11, 2019

Great experience with delicious food in local restaurants and cafes. Have done both the Carytown and Art district tours. Both were fabulous!

Date of experience: February 2019
Review collected in partnership with this attraction

So happy to hear it, H.! I hope we see you again soon in Church Hill!

Reviewed February 3, 2019

My husband and I were in town for the weekend and picked this food tour hoping it would be a fun activity to fill a few hours. It ended up being our favorite part of the visit! The food was amazing, tour guide was great, and at each restaurant we went to, we generally got to meet the owner and learned a little bit of Richmond history from each one of them. I highly recommend this tour as a great way to explore the city and enjoy great food!

Date of experience: December 2018
Brian B, Owner at River City Food Tours, responded to this reviewResponded February 4, 2019

Wow, M., your favorite part of your visit to Richmond?! That means a lot, as we really make it our goal to be a part in showcasing how great Richmond is. I hope you'll come visit again!

Reviewed January 28, 2019

Jocelyn guided us through different food stops on Carytown. Living in Williamsburg allows my wife and I to visit Richmond all the time so we've learned much about the capital. However, we still learned lots about this part of Richmond during the tour! We explored a good spread of places to eat on Cary Street that we didn't know about.

What a great way to sample a variety of food while on a walk! Definitely doing the other tours in the future!

Date of experience: January 2019
Brian B, Owner at River City Food Tours, responded to this reviewResponded January 28, 2019

N., that's great that you come to Richmond so often, and I'm glad we were able to show you some new things still! Jocelyn told me everyone got along so well that the group all sang happy birthday to one of the other tour-goers at the end - how fun! I hope we'll see you again soon!