“keith w super clean & frendly”

Best Western Plus Governor's Inn
Ranked #16 of 82 Hotels in Richmond
Reviewed May 18, 2014

stay here 2 times a week for last 4 years have always had a super clean & comfortable room .the front desk crew are great maryanna and corina always have a smile and good word as do the whole staff. if I ever have a problem witch is very seldom it is fixed immediately. the rooms are always clean with great furnishings local restaurant are located nearby would recommend if staying in Richmond area

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
Lori_Gantz-Shelton, General Manager at Best Western Plus Governor's Inn, responded to this reviewResponded May 21, 2014

I wanted to take the time to thank you so much for leaving your feedback on TripAdvisor regarding the Best Western Plus-Governor's Inn. We value our guests and their feedback. I am so glad that you receive such great Customer Service from MaryAnna, Carina and my entire staff when you stay with us. It is always a pleasure to know that if our guests have an issue that it is attended to immediately. I hope to see you again in the near future. Again, thank you for leaving your feedback for us, we greatly appreciate it.

Reviewed May 17, 2014

I really enjoyed my stay at this hotel clean, friendly, and affordable. Penny was a great breakfast attendant. We had a lot of choices on a buffet style lay out. The attendant made sure every thing was replenished.

• Stayed: May 2014

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback on TripAdvisor regarding the Best Western Plus Governor's Inn in Richmond, Virginia. I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you found Penny to be as delightful as we do. She is an asset to our company. We hope that you will return to see us again in the future. Again, thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback on TripAdvisor.

Reviewed May 17, 2014

The breakfast was delicious and hot. The area was very clean. Penny was very attentative to the breakfast area and always refilling the items as needed. Penny was also very friendly. Te hotel is overall nice!

• Stayed: May 2014

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback on TripAdvisor regarding the Best Western Plus-Governor's Inn in Richmond, Virginia. I am so thrilled to hear that you enjoyed our Breakfast and that you had the chance to meet Penny. She is a very valuable employee here who touches at everyone's heart strings when they meet her. I hope that you will be back in the near future to stay with us. Again, thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback, it means alot to myself and my staff.

Reviewed May 14, 2014

Clean, comfortable rooms and the staff was very friendly and helpful. The hotel is nothing spectacular, but it is very nice and I would definitely stay here again if it met my location needs. There is a lounge on the first floor that is a popular night spot with live music. I worried at first that the music would be heard elsewhere in the hotel, but once I was off the first floor lobby area it was very quiet. Beds are comfortable. Rooms appear to have been recently redecorated. Free Wi-Fi is a plus.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Lori_Gantz-Shelton, General Manager at Best Western Plus Governor's Inn, responded to this reviewResponded May 15, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback on TripAdvisor regarding your stay at the Best Western Plus-Governor's Inn. I am glad that your room was clean and comfortable for you as well as the staff being friendly during your stay with us. We take pride in proving excellent Customer Service as well as clean and comfortable rooms. We value our guests feedback and we look forward to seeing you in the future.

Reviewed May 12, 2014

The brick-faced inn looks great on the surface but quality and value did not carry through to the room. We did not receive the clean, comfortable and secure space that we anticipated. Not worth the money. We'll stay elsewhere on a return trip to the area.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank George M
Lori_Gantz-Shelton, General Manager at Best Western Plus Governor's Inn, responded to this reviewResponded May 13, 2014

Thank you for providing your feedback on TripAdvisor regarding Best Western Plus-Governors Inn Richmond, Va. I am so sorry to hear that your experience with us was not what you were expecting. I am always available to speak with you regarding your stay. My contact information is as follows: Phone: 804-323-0007 or via email bwgovernorsinn@yahoo.com. I sincerely apologize that your stay was not up to your expectations and I really hope you would return to us in the future.

Reviewed May 12, 2014

Governors Inn Best Western Plus is a great place to stay. The breakfast is a great way to start your day, with hot items plus other choices. The facility is a quiet hidden treasure. My husband & I were relocating to the area and needed a place to rest before and after moving day. This was it!

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback on TripAdvisor regarding the Best Western Plus-Governor's Inn.We value our guests feedback. I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We are proud of our unique hotel and our staff take pride in our hotel. Delivering great Customer Service is what my staff is known for. We hope that you will return to us in the near future.Again, thank you for taking the time to provide us your feedback.

Reviewed May 11, 2014

This hotel is about 15 minutes southwest of downtown Richmond, making it an easy drive into and out of town (there are tolls, but they're less than a dollar each). The venue offers nonsmoking rooms, and we stayed in one of them; however, whether it was because of the nightclub on property or the proximity of smoking rooms/areas, it wasn't easy to escape that odor. I also recommend you get a room as far away from the nightclub as possible--it was hopping on a Friday night, and there were more than a few loud closing-time guests roaming the halls. The bed was very comfortable and firm; the pillows were a little small. And the air conditioner in the room struggled a bit. The included breakfast offered everything from cereal and juice to eggs and make-your-own waffles (from scratch--delicious). What made our stay worthwhile was the professionalism of the staff. We were welcomed and attended to by Tasha and Penny, and I'm sure they'll welcome you with that same hospitality, too. Tell 'em you read about them here!

Room Tip: Make sure your room is far away from the nightclub.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Strummer1962
Lori_Gantz-Shelton, General Manager at Best Western Plus Governor's Inn, responded to this reviewResponded May 12, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to provide us your feedback on TripAdvisor regarding the Best Western Plus-Governors Inn in Richmond, Va. I am sorry to hear that there was an odor of smoke and other guests disturbing you that prevented you from having an excellent stay with us. On a brighter side, I am glad that Penny and Tasha provided you with great hospitality. I hope that you will return to us in the future for another stay. Again, thank you for providing us your feedback.