“Nice Hotel”

Ranked #12 of 82 Hotels in Richmond
Suffolk, United States
“Nice Hotel”
Reviewed May 14, 2014

Clean, comfortable rooms and the staff was very friendly and helpful. The hotel is nothing spectacular, but it is very nice and I would definitely stay here again if it met my location needs. There is a lounge on the first floor that is a popular night spot with live music. I worried at first that the music would be heard elsewhere in the hotel, but once I was off the first floor lobby area it was very quiet. Beds are comfortable. Rooms appear to have been recently redecorated. Free Wi-Fi is a plus.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Lori_Gantz-Shelton, General Manager at Best Western Plus Governor's Inn, responded to this review, May 15, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback on TripAdvisor regarding your stay at the Best Western Plus-Governor's Inn. I am glad that your room was clean and comfortable for you as well as the staff being friendly during your stay with us. We take pride in proving excellent Customer Service as well as clean and comfortable rooms. We value our guests feedback and we look forward to seeing you in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (93)
Toms River, United States
Reviewed May 12, 2014

The brick-faced inn looks great on the surface but quality and value did not carry through to the room. We did not receive the clean, comfortable and secure space that we anticipated. Not worth the money. We'll stay elsewhere on a return trip to the area.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family

1 Thank George M
Lori_Gantz-Shelton, General Manager at Best Western Plus Governor's Inn, responded to this review, May 13, 2014
Thank you for providing your feedback on TripAdvisor regarding Best Western Plus-Governors Inn Richmond, Va. I am so sorry to hear that your experience with us was not what you were expecting. I am always available to speak with you regarding your stay. My contact information is as follows: Phone: 804-323-0007 or via email bwgovernorsinn@yahoo.com. I sincerely apologize that your stay was not up to your expectations and I really hope you would return to us in the future.
N Chesterfield, United States
Reviewed May 12, 2014

Governors Inn Best Western Plus is a great place to stay. The breakfast is a great way to start your day, with hot items plus other choices. The facility is a quiet hidden treasure. My husband & I were relocating to the area and needed a place to rest before and after moving day. This was it!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback on TripAdvisor regarding the Best Western Plus-Governor's Inn.We value our guests feedback. I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We are proud of our unique hotel and our staff take pride in our hotel. Delivering great Customer Service is what my staff is known for. We hope that you will return to us in the near future.Again, thank you for taking the time to provide us your feedback.
Reviewed May 11, 2014

This hotel is about 15 minutes southwest of downtown Richmond, making it an easy drive into and out of town (there are tolls, but they're less than a dollar each). The venue offers nonsmoking rooms, and we stayed in one of them; however, whether it was because of the nightclub on property or the proximity of smoking rooms/areas, it wasn't easy to escape that odor. I also recommend you get a room as far away from the nightclub as possible--it was hopping on a Friday night, and there were more than a few loud closing-time guests roaming the halls. The bed was very comfortable and firm; the pillows were a little small. And the air conditioner in the room struggled a bit. The included breakfast offered everything from cereal and juice to eggs and make-your-own waffles (from scratch--delicious). What made our stay worthwhile was the professionalism of the staff. We were welcomed and attended to by Tasha and Penny, and I'm sure they'll welcome you with that same hospitality, too. Tell 'em you read about them here!

Room Tip: Make sure your room is far away from the nightclub.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Strummer1962
Lori_Gantz-Shelton, General Manager at Best Western Plus Governor's Inn, responded to this review, May 12, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to provide us your feedback on TripAdvisor regarding the Best Western Plus-Governors Inn in Richmond, Va. I am sorry to hear that there was an odor of smoke and other guests disturbing you that prevented you from having an excellent stay with us. On a brighter side, I am glad that Penny and Tasha provided you with great hospitality. I hope that you will return to us in the future for another stay. Again, thank you for providing us your feedback.
Mebane, North Carolina
Reviewed May 5, 2014

We stayed one night (a Friday) at this very interesting hotel. It is located quite a ways off the "main drag" (Midlothian Turnpike) and is behind a number of buildings, including a carwash. The room was clean, but clearly could have used some decorating update. We were in room 204. Had old fashioned bedspread and carpet. We had an upgrade (we have Best Western Platinum status). While the room was huge, the amenities were clearly not upgraded. There is a bar attached to the hotel which we were told really is busy on weekends. We can verify the noise factor as it went on both inside the hotel and outside in the parking lot into the wee hours of the morning. The breakfast was pretty standard. However, the biscuits were actually hot and the gravy was quite tasty.

Room Tip: Avoid staying there on weekend nights (especially Friday and Saturday) as it is very noisy. We foun...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Lori_Gantz-Shelton, General Manager at Best Western Plus Governor's Inn, responded to this review, May 7, 2014
I wanted to thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback on TripAdvisor regarding your stay at Best Western Plus-Governors Inn Richmond, Va. I am so sorry to hear about the unpleasantness of the lounge noise. We are working closely with the Management of the Lounge to ensure a better atmosphere on the weekends with low noise levels. We are currently in the process of meeting with our Best Western Design Team to enhance the look of our property, those changes should be coming in the near future. I am pleased to see that you liked our Breakfast selections. Again, we appreciate you taking the time to provide your feedback for our hotel and thank you for being a loyal Best Western Rewards Member with Platinum status. We hope that you will return to our hotel in the near future.
Buckhannon
Reviewed May 4, 2014

Clean, comfortable bed - only issue was refrigerator did not work. Good stay, good price. Would stay here again. It is a litle hard to find and covers two buildings - One with lobby is the better place to stay.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Lori_Gantz-Shelton, General Manager at Best Western Plus Governor's Inn, responded to this review, May 5, 2014
I wanted to take the time to thank you for providing your feedback on TripAdvisor regarding the Best Western Plus-Governor's Inn. I am glad to hear that you were pleased with your stay however, I do want to apologize that you had trouble with your refrigerator during your stay. I know that our guest count on a room that has everything in there that is working order and I am sorry to hear that this was not the case. I just want you to know that we do appreciate the feedback and thank you for taking the time to provide it. We look forward to seeing you return again in the near future.
Coventry, Connecticut
Reviewed April 29, 2014

Great hotel, staff very friendly and helpful. Very, Very clean Would stay again.Beds are comfortable, breakfast good location to the track was perfect. Great stay. There was ample parking and the lot very well lit.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Lori_Gantz-Shelton, General Manager at Best Western Plus Governor's Inn, responded to this review, May 2, 2014
I wanted to thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback on TripAdvisor. I am so pleased to hear that you had a great stay. It is always great to hear when your staff provides such great service to our guests. I really appreciate you and the wonderful things you had to say regarding our hotel. We hope that you will return in the near future to stay with us. Again, thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback.