“if you do not like noise, do not stay her.” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of BEST WESTERN PLUS Governor's Inn

BEST WESTERN PLUS Governor's Inn
Ranked #13 of 81 Hotels in Richmond
Richmond VA, United States
“if you do not like noise, do not stay her.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2014

Their is dance club attached to the hotel, and every friday night it open till 2:00 AM and very load and their was dangeerise crowd in the parking lot make it hard to get into the hotel, and made you fell very un safe.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Lori_Gantz-Shelton, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Governor's Inn, responded to this review, April 8, 2014
Thank you for providing your feedback on TripAdvisor. I am sorry to hear that you felt uncomfortable by the presence of the lounge and its patrons. We always want our guests to feel safe and secure and I am sorry that this was not the feeling you received when attempting to enter out hotel. My sincerest apologies. We are currently working with the owners and Management of the Lounge to ensure that all patrons are inside of their Lounge and that the noise level is controlled better. We hope that this will not deter you from staying with us again in the future. Again, thank you again for providing your feedback on TripAdvisor.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
Glenside, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 28, 2014

Carina did an excellent job checking us into the hotel after some issues with our 1800 booking. She was very friendly and accommodating. this is my forth time at this hotel, and the second time that I had her check me in. During both occasions, there were reservation issues, that she helped clear up. The hotel is very clean and the breakfast was satisfying.

Room Tip: good place. easy to get to. lots of choices of restaurants in the area.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Lori_Gantz-Shelton, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Governor's Inn, responded to this review, April 1, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback on TripAdvisor. I am very pleased that my Guest Service Representative Carina provided you with exceptional Customer Service. I am sorry to hear that you encountered issues with your reservations but very pleased that Carina could help you out with resolving them. I look forward to you returning to see us in the future. Again, thank you for leaving your feedback on TripAdvisor regarding the Best Western Plus-Governor's Inn Richmond, Va.
Vienna, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 28, 2014

This hotel is a little surprising. The decor is unlike anything I have seen. Arches and stones and bricks, all feel a little dark, but the room was clean and the staff were wonderful. Breakfast was great and the woman in charge was kind and gracious, at 7am, no less! My daughter left a pair of boots in our room. We called as soon as we realized and the boots had already been logged in to the lost and found. I spoke with several people and they arranged to ship the boots to us. Over all polite and helpful! I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask to stay in the "quiet side" away from the lounge!
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
I wanted to take the time to thank you for proving your feedback on TripAdvisor. I am glad to hear that Penny, our Breakfast Attendant provided you with exceptional Customer Service as well as the rest of our staff. It is always a pleasure to know that our rooms are clean and comfortable, we always want our guests to enjoy clean, comfortable accommodations. I hope that the boots that were left here have been returned to you safely. We look forward to you staying with us again in the future. Again, thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback on TripAdvisor.
richmond
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2014

I always stay at a Best Western Hotel if there is one in the area I'm traveling. The staff is always friendly and accommodating. The rooms are large and so comfortable, reasonable priced and a full complimentary hot breakfast is always appreciated.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Lori_Gantz-Shelton, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Governor's Inn, responded to this review, March 28, 2014
I wanted to personally thank you for providing your feedback on TripAdvisor. I am so glad to hear that you had such a positive experience with us at the Best Western Plus-Governor's Inn. I will pass on your feedback to my staff as I know they will be thrilled to hear of the great service they provided you during your stay. We look forward to you returning in the near future. Again, thank you for providing your feedback on TripAdvisor.
Virginia Beach, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2014

The location, price and quality were outstanding. The "hidden" , shown in the title of this review, is that I normally stay in this area of Richmond at least twice a year for sports events and never knew it was here. I finally found it when searching on Google Earth and noticed it located behind some other buildings. There was plenty of parking, a restaurant (didn't get a chance to eat there) and had no problems with anything.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for providing your feedback on TripAdvisor. I am so sorry that it was difficult for you to locate us. Sitting back off of the road can have its advantages and its disadvantages but we certainly would want to make it easier for our guests to locate us.I am glad to hear that you had a good stay however. I hope that you will return to see us in the near future. Again, thank you for providing us your feedback regarding the Best Western Plus-Governor's Inn.
Kitchener, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2014

We came down with a soccer team from Canada and were extremely pleased that they opened their breakfast buffet an hour early for the girls. They also changed their menu to ensure the girls had everything they needed to perform. Staff was extremely friendly and helpful ( Penny, the lovely lady who runs the breakfast was amazing). We had one of our families come in and when the staff at the front desk saw the room they had booked, they immediately offered them another larger room to accommodate the number of people in their group. We would definitely stay here again!! A huge thank you to Adorna and the staff for making our stay an enjoyable one!!

1 Thank joanne b
Lori_Gantz-Shelton, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Governor's Inn, responded to this review, March 18, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback on TripAdvisor. I am so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. It is my pleasure to have been able to host your event here at the hotel as well as open Breakfast up early for your team so that they were able to make their tournament without having to rush. I have such wonderful staff members and I am so overwhelmed that they provided you and our guests such exceptional Customer Service as well as clean and comfortable rooms. I will pass on your gracious comments to Penny and Adorna, I know they will be very appreciative to hear they did such a fabulous job. We will look to seeing you again in the future. Again, thank you so very much for your feedback on TripAdvisor.
Augusta, Maine
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 13, 2014

This hotel can be counted on for a good overnight at a very reasonable price. Rooms are clean and comfortable, however It is getting to the point where refurbishment needs to start. Our room was missing the desk/table altogether with nothing as a substitute. The bathroom is showing signs of age..but having said that, staff is always helpful and courteous, accommodations are acceptable, breakfast is hot and displayed nicely. For the price, this is a good deal..

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank debsmiley1
I wanted to take the time to thank you for providing us your feedback on TripAdvisor. It is guests like yourself that help us to maintain our hotel quality and guest satisfaction. I see that you noted some areas of improvement for us and I thank you for pointing those out, I will pass those on to the ownership. Anyway that we can improve our hotel and the satisfaction of our guests, we will make every attempt to do so. Thank you again for providing your feedback. We hope that you will stay with us again in the future.