“Outstanding”

Best Western Plus Governor's Inn
Ranked #12 of 81 Hotels in Richmond
“Outstanding”
Reviewed December 26, 2013

Best Western Plus Governor's Inn is an exceptionally well kept hotel. Both the outer and inner decor are pleasant and peaceful, giving the sense of staying in a castle. The hot breakfast was excellent with a variety of hot and cold delights. The room was exceptionally clean with everything in working order. I highly recommend this hotel.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Lori_Gantz-Shelton, General Manager at Best Western Plus Governor's Inn, responded to this review, December 27, 2013
I want to take the time to thank you so much for leaving your feedback on TripAdvisor. We do take pride in our beautiful hotel and I am glad it gave you the feeling of staying in a castle. I am glad to see that you will recommend our hotel to others. We look forward to your return and again thank you for leaving such positive feedback on TripAdvisor.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (93)
North Carolina
Reviewed December 21, 2013

My husband and I stayed here because my brother was in a nearby hospital after open heart surgery. The hotel discounted our room after telling them the reason for our trip. What a nice gesture for such a trying time.
The hotel is an older hotel but is amazingly clean and comfortable. The staff is so willing to assist your every need and they even gave us printed directions to the hospital.
The manager introduced herself at breakfast and was genuinely interested in our experience. She was cordial and very professional.
I also agree that Penny is a wonderful and gracious hostess at breakfast.
We will definitely stay here again and I highly recommend this older hotel.

• Liked — The cleanliness
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Lori_Gantz-Shelton, General Manager at Best Western Plus Governor's Inn, responded to this review, December 23, 2013
Thank you so very much for leaving your response on TripAdvisor regarding your stay with us at Best Western Plus-Governor's Inn. It was our pleasure to have you as our guest and to provide you with excellent Customer Service. Penny is such an asset to our team and we are happy that you our valued guests were able to receive some of her fine Hospitality. Thank you also for mentioning me as it was such a pleasure to meet and speak with you as well. I look forward to your return visit. Happy Holidays and hope your loved one is doing much better. Regards.
Wilson, NC, United States
Reviewed December 20, 2013

Jose made us feel right at home as soon as we walked through the door. The complimentary breakfast was delicious. Excellent customer service. Will definitely stay at the Best Western PLUS Governor's Inn again in the near future.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for taking the time to place your comments regarding your stay at best western plus-governors inn. i am so glad that Jose provided you with the best Customer Service that you felt right at home. I thank you so much for taking your time out to leave such wonderful comments. We look forward to seeing you again soon. Happy Holidays.
Youngsville, North Carolina
Reviewed December 16, 2013

We were very pleased with our stay. The room was spacious and beautiful. The breakfast was fresh and every thing was better than expected. Penny was a hard worker keeping the buffet filled and ready for everyone. Even though the weather was bad we were very comfortable.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Lori_Gantz-Shelton, General Manager at Best Western Plus Governor's Inn, responded to this review, December 17, 2013
I want to thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback on TripAdvisor. It really means alot to us when our guests take the time to provide the feedback to us. I am so happy to hear that Penny provided you with excellent Customer Service. She is such an asset to us here at Best Western Governor's Inn and we are so happy to have her. We look forward to your next visit here with us. Again, thank you again for providing feedback.
Andover NY, United States
Reviewed December 11, 2013

We are originally from Troy but no longer have any family there we can stay with. Whenever we go in we always stay at the Clifton Park Best Western. My wife and I are always comfortable at this hotel even though we could find one closer to where we go in Troy. The location is easy to get to and easy for us to get where we want to go. It's always like a honeymoon for us. The last time we went in we took 2 of our adult children and they had their own room and loved it.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Lori_Gantz-Shelton, General Manager at Best Western Plus Governor's Inn, responded to this review, December 12, 2013
I wanted to take the time to thank you for your recent feedback on TripAdvisor. It was a pleasure to read your comments regarding Best Western and to know that you are happy with our brand. I hope that when you stay with us at Best Western Plus-Governor's Inn that we also provide you with the best Customer Service that our brand is known for. Happy Holidays from our home to yours.
Hartly, United States
Reviewed December 10, 2013

The whole staff at this hotel was very friendly during our stay. W e enjoyed our stay at this hotel we would tell our family and friends about this hotel. The manager came into the breakfast room and spoke to all the guest that were there very nice personality.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you so very much for your recent feedback on TripAdvisor. We value our guest's feedback whether it is negative or positive. I want to personally thank you for mentioning me in your comments as that made me feel really good to know that my guest enjoy my attention to them. I am very proud of my staff that provide such excellent Customer Service. We welcome the opportunity to have you return for another visit with us. Happy Holidays from our home to yours.
Virginia Beach, Virginia
Reviewed December 9, 2013

This is an older property, but well kept. It's a good buy for a senior, especially.
Clean rooms, good bed, direct tv, hot breakfast, nice part of town. It was a cold night but the heat worked well. There was an Applebee's and Korean place to eat nearby. Even though the property sits back from Midlothian Turnpike, it's easy to find.
The staff did a good job with customer service.

Room Tip: The rooms were roomy,but bathroom were a bit small.