“Very good choice for hotel in Richmond, VA area”

Best Western Plus Governor's Inn
Ranked #17 of 82 Hotels in Richmond
Reviewed July 20, 2013

I stayed here during a trip to Richmond, VA for new employee orientation at a job I'm moving to the area for. This was a very good hotel to stay at, especially for the price! The room was extremely clean and comfortable (as was the hotel as a whole), the staff was very attentive, polite, friendly & helpful, and it's location was extremely convenient to everywhere I needed to go on my trip!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Joseph J, General Manager at Best Western Plus Governor's Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 16, 2013

Dear Matthew G,

Thank you so much for your review. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay and happy that you found our location and clean, comfortable guest rooms a great value for the price. Thank your for your compliment regarding our staff. They all take pride in providing great customer service for our guests and I'll be happy to pass on your kind words to them. Thanks again for submitting your review. We look forward to serving you again in the future.

Joseph Joyce

Reviewed July 17, 2013

We stay at Best Westerns whenever we travel and this location was not a disappointment. As mentioned before, it is tucked behind a car wash and easily missed the first time you drive past it. The front desk staff was friendly and helpful. The rooms are large. When the hotel was taken over by Best Western and renovated to their standards they removed all of the luggage racks from the rooms. Call the front desk if you want one - some are available. We had dinner at the Olive Garden - reached by going through the rear parking lot of the hotel. Breakfast in the morning was the standard Best Western fare. The front desk was very helpful in printing some papers for me when their business centre printer wasn't working. Overall, a great stay.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Happy-Suzanne,

Thank you so much for your review. I am truly happy that your stay here did not disappoint. We are glad that you were pleased with your stay here with us and thankful that you didn't miss our location. You're right, we are a bit tucked away, and can be easily missed.. but it does turn out to be a good thing when it comes to avoiding noise from the street. Thank your for your compliment regarding the front desk staff. They are great employees who provide great guest service for our guests and can't wait to let them know how they're doing.

Again, than you for taking the time to share your feedback. We look forward to seeing you again on your next visit to Richmond!

Joseph Joyce

Reviewed July 15, 2013

My family and I stayed here for 2 nights. The hotel is tucked behind a Asian restaurant and a car wash so it's good to take caution when entering or exiting. The room was large and very clean. I am very picky and OCD about everything having to do with a hotel. I was pleasantly surprise with the quality vs the price. The exposed brick on the inside was a neat touch. The breakfast was good and there was a very nice and accommodating lady there that made sure everything was neat and clean. My only complaint is that none of the workers wear uniforms so its hard to tell who works there even though all were very nice.

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed June 25, 2013

I have stayed at this motel numerous times and will continue to do so every time I travel to the Richmond area. Each stay I have had great customer service, friendly staff. My room is super clean when I arrive and is kept that way every day by housekeeping. I recommend this motel highly.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank sherryruss
Reviewed June 10, 2013

My family spent five nights here during a family reunion. The rooms were quite comfortable, clean, and quiet. We were in the adjunct building on the second floor. Breakfast was average. Watch out for the drivers who sometimes fly out of a nearby car wash and into the motel driveway.

Room Tip: Be aware there's no elevator in the second building so, if you're on the second floor, you h...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 9, 2013

My daughter stayed here in March and said it was clean and friendly. We had two rooms this time and they were clean, but what impressed me the most was the staff. They are all so helpful and friendly. The breakfast bar was good and the service person was readily available if you needed help. I liked that it was away from downtown but there are plenty of restaurants and stores nearby. The pool was very clean and has a handicap power chair.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 24, 2013

I recently stayed here with my husband and two children. The room was exceptionally spacious and they remembered our crib. Breakfast was fine, the staff was friendly and the hotel itself was very quiet. We'd stay again.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family