“Wonderful”

Ranked #12 of 81 Hotels in Richmond
SoBoVa.
“Wonderful”
Reviewed November 20, 2011

Clean, large rooms, quiet,good location, friendly front desk. Yes there's more Penny in the breakfast area was great she had everything clean, hot and fresh. Not even a crumb was on the table, my daughter said her eggs were the best. Thanks for making our stay wonderful. Joseph the general manager deserves props for running such a great place we will return.

• Stayed November 2011
1 Thank ques

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (93)
Fairfax, Virginia
Reviewed November 19, 2011

We recently stayed at a Best Western Plus in Charlottesville and had a wonderful experience. Based on that, we chose the Best Western Plus Governor's Inn when we had to travel to Midlothian.

The hotel's appearance reminded me of Williamsburg -- old brick colonial, etc -- and you could tell the building itself is older. The rooms and the interior of the hotel, however, are great. New bathrooms, VERY comfortable beds. My only wish? A thick fluffy comforter (instead of a thinner blanket and bedspread) like we had in Charlottesville.

Breakfast was good -- waffles, scrambled eggs, sausage gravy and biscuits (yum!). I didn't see fresh fruit, but it could have been hidden behind everyone else getting breakfast!

Overall, a great deal for the money!

Room Tip: The "other" building has corner rooms that appear to have a rounded "bay window/nook...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Loretta K
West Point, Virginia
Reviewed November 15, 2011

This was a great spot to stay a few nights. Walking distance to a few restaurants (not on the property), and to some really neat shops (including a hobby shop), not to mention the Mall just up the street.
About the hotel: The staff was very polite and helpful. They even gave me a free map. There were a lot of people staying the first night but not the second night. The rooms won’t fancy, but nice and VERY CLEAN! For convince, value, and cleanliness a definite thumbs up.
John Mills

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank John M
Arkansas
Reviewed November 3, 2011

Let me start off by saying this trip to Richmond was completely last minute. My father passed away on Wednesday, October 26th. Myself, sister, and Aunt stayed at this BW from October 27 - November 2nd. Joe and his staff were completely wonderful. I cannot say enough great things about them. For an older hotel (recently upgraded) I had my doubts. The room was clean, breakfast was excellent, and the staff members were caring and very professional. This was a great experience during the worst time of my life.

Thank you for the bottom of my heart, Steve from Arkansas

Room Tip: The 3rd floor was non-smoking. They allowed us to switch rooms twice ... even price matched our rat...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Steve T
Salinas, California
Reviewed October 4, 2011

My wife and I recently went on a vacation to see a part of American history. Our goal was to see Jamestown/Williamsburg, Monticello, Mt Vernon, and historic Richmond. Little did we know that the hotel we picked - BEST WESTERN PLUS Governor's Inn – turned out to be the perfect hotel located at the perfect location for our trip. Aside from the ease of access to all our locations, the hotel staffs made us feel at home. Speaking of location, there are lots of great restaurants nearby (be sure to try Tripps for steaks and seafood), and shopping for all those items you don’t need.
I rate this hotel FIVE STARS for value. It’s not the Ritz, but for the price we paid, we were completely satisfied.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Diego31
Joseph_Joyce, General Manager at Best Western Plus Governor's Inn, responded to this review, October 26, 2011
Thank you Diego31 for your recent review. I bet you found our colonial brickwook a welcome surprise with all of the activities you had planned! Trips is a big hit with the locals. So far everyone I have referred to them has returned very pleased. I am proud to say that at my property, A great staff and excellent customer care are our greatest ammenities!
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
Reviewed September 26, 2011

I thought the staff was very nice and helpful. My Room was 2 queens. The rugs and bed covers were clean but they do do need to replaced soon. There were qulte a few scratches and dents on the furniture and the walls. My room was very quiet and we heard no one else in the halls. I would stay there again if it were a very attractive rate.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
Thank you so much for your review. We have focused our attention to providing superior CUSTOMER SERVICE and it appears to be paying off. Table,chair as well as other in room items to be rennovated in the very near future.
Lynchburg, Virginia
Reviewed August 29, 2011

The staff was extremely friendly and went out of their way. The breakfast was small, but good. The elevators were a tad on the slow side, however that is not really something to complain about. Very quiet, and peaceful. The hotel was also very clean. The employees and manager are extremely pleasent, and make your stay enjoyable. Many restaurants are available with just a short drive. It is a good value for you and your family if you want to be close to Richmond, but not stay directly in the city.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business