Tripadvisor
Richmond
All reviews great location residence inn front desk valet parking cobblestone streets canal walk shockoe bottom within walking distance starbucks coffee valet service shockoe slip the entire staff very nice hotel nice room james river would definitely stay here again beds were comfortable
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I have ordered the lemon herb chicken every night so far, and will continue to order during my stay. Anjelica cook's thisnfood to the point of perfection! Would highly recommend. The service is fantastic, and the food is wonderful. Bria is amazing!

Trip type: Traveled on business
General M, General Manager at Courtyard Richmond Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Thank you for the great review of our hotel. It is always nice to read that our guests enjoyed their time with us and that the service exceeded expectations. The team and I take great pride in our hotel service and I will be sure to share your review with them.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

great hotel and great location; Shockhoe slip is a great area; Food service- typical Courtyard; Jeff the Chef was great and personable. Rooms were fine and well appointed and technology worked. Need more USB ports by bed.

• Trip type: Traveled on business

We work to provide our guests with an excellent experience, and I’m happy to see we were able to achieve this for you. It was a pleasure having you with us and we hope you will continue to use our facility whenever you are in the area.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The entire front desk provided outstanding service. Valet service people were accommodating and bar staff friendly.
The location is great in downtown Shockoe Bottom. Walking distance to several great restaurants and canal walk....and growing.
Highly recommend.

Room tip: I liked the top floors
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
General M, General Manager at Courtyard Richmond Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

First glance, nice place and good loction for our business meetings.
Front desk was pleasant.
Once checked in our room, it had only been halfway prepared for the stay. Bed was made, towels in bath were there, but there was a half drank bottle of water on the desk. The coffee station had 2 used cup lids on the desk and the packets were opened and missing the stir sticks. On the way out to dinner we told front desk. Nothing done.

Next morning on check out, collected my truck from the Valet.
Only to find that the whole right side was scratched with several lines.
Filled out report. Called the hotel back on 3 occasions (including the GM of Hotel)
10 days later ZERO RESPONSES from anyone there.

Room tip: Look elsewhere would be my opinion based on a lack of customer service.
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
LarsF985, General Manager at Courtyard Richmond Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Thank you for taking the time to provide valuable feedback. We strive to provide every guest with a perfect stay and I am sorry to hear that we did not meet your expectations on several occasions. Rest assured, we are always committed to making things right.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Elevator down , room tired, cocktail at bar THE WORST OLD FASHION given I could c thru the glass and I was told it was made with bourbon! Staff lifeless, could care less, rather b somewhere else. Never recommend this and starting to realize Marriott has gotten so big They, Corp, don’t care. Been with Marriott for 30 yrs and each year we get less and less!

Room tip: Room tip? What the hell does that mean? I left a $8 tip but really is that ur question? Seriously?
Date of stay: December 2019
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for taking the time to provide valued feedback. I am sorry to hear that we did not meet your expectations. We strive to serve you better in the future.