“Hidden Gem”

Ranked #669 of 1,606 Restaurants in Richmond
Cuisines: Mexican, Southwestern, American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Seating, Takeout
Description: Our forte being authentic Mexican dishes in the Californian style, fresh ingredients and lots of vegetarian and vegan options.
Richmond, Virginia, United States
“Hidden Gem”
Reviewed June 20, 2014

While this cozy place may seem a little off the beaten path, when you get there, you quickly realize you're not far at all. It's located in an indsutrial park and actually nice to not be part of a strip mall containing chains. The decor has an industrial feel, and is very open, which I found very appealing. Now onto the food...amazing. The food is fresh, menu is well thought out and I can't wait to try everything they come up with! $2 tacos and domestic beers on Wednesdays!

• Visited June 2014

“Fish tacos - extraordinary!”
Reviewed May 3, 2014

Wow! Did I just have a great lunch! This family-owned Mexi-Cali grill just opened in Richmond. I saw their ad in Style for fish tacos, something I developed a taste for in Belize. They're in an out-of-the-way place at 2231 Dabney Road, just off Westwood north of Broad - not a typical place for Richmond diners. But when I walked in, I understood why they chose this location: open, spacious, rustic-appearing, yet scrupulously clean. A beautiful cast concrete bar with a wide selection of beers and Margarita-type cocktails. I received a warm welcome and settled in to the platter of three fish tacos with the house Baja sauce. All I added was a short squeeze from a wedge of lime. Mouth-watering! Starting to think about when I can go back for an encore. Try this place and help them become known in Richmond. You won't regret the adventure.

• Visited May 2014