“Very nice stay.”

Ranked #30 of 81 Hotels in Richmond
West Bath, Maine
“Very nice stay.”
Reviewed February 24, 2014

We arrived very late as we were traveling from Maine, but the gentleman behind the desk was very nice and got us settled quickly. We were only there for onw night so we didn't get to experience much of the hotel. Our room was a very nice standard room, it was clean and well kept. The breakfast was standard, but met our needs. Checkout was a little bit of a hassle as I had a gift card and for some reason the lady behind the desk couldn't get it to process. Eventually she got it settled and I was very thankful for her patience. Overall it was a great stay!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Fairfield Inn & Suites Richmond Short Pump/I-64, responded to this review, February 25, 2014
Dear Silverwolf_505,

We appreciate you taking the time to write a review and are happy you had a good stay. I'm glad you found your guest room clean and comfortable and our staff helpful and friendly! We also apologize for any inconvenience regarding your gift card, but are glad we were able to sort it out for you. Thanks again for your comments and we hope to see you the next time you're in Richmond!

Daly Seven, Inc

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
  • Arabic first
Marshfield
Reviewed February 5, 2014

What a horrible experience I encountered on January 19th, 2014 at the Fairfield Inn at 9937 Mayland Drive in Richmond, VA. This was the second of three weeks staying at this property as I checked in on a Sunday night at 10pm. I booked a king suite room and received my key from the desk clerk while noticing many kids roaming the halls unattended of which I then asked who was responsible for them and was told the parents are as this was a group that was part of a volley ball tournament. I noticed no parents in sight and the desk clerk was doing nothing about the noise being made. As I went to my room I noticed doors ajar and signs taped to the doors in the hallways, really Marriott this is not a sorority house. I went to put my key in the lock and heard water running in my assigned room, I opened the door slowly as maybe I was given a room that was occupied by one or more of the female volleyball players roaming the halls. I went in and found the water running at full open in the tub, and attempted to shut it off, but the handle just spun around as it was obviously broken. It had been running for some time as there was a dirty ring at the water level in the tub. I went back to the front desk and made mention of this to the clerk and asked for another room of which I was told there were none. He then called an assistant manager on the phone and no solution was found as this last room was out of service. Realizing that I was out of luck I had to ask him to check the availability at the Springhill Suites across the road and get a room there at the same rate, of which the Springhill Suites agreed. Leaving this hotel on a sour note that night with what I felt was a lack of concern from the clerk, I stopped by after my work day on Monday to speak with the General Manager about the incident the night before. He begrudgingly appeared and I explained my story to him, in which he interrupted about half way through my story and said that he had five rooms with plumbing issues, not my problem mister general manager. He then let me finish and said sorry and that he would look into it and walked away with what I felt was a total lack of concern for a guest. Really…first why would you give a room to a guest that had a known issue which I suspected as the desk clerk that night had my key off to the side like he was hoping I would be a no show and did not seem surprised when I came back looking for another room. The general manger at this property offered no form of compensation for this incident that required to me to move to different hotel (I was lucky that the Springhill had an opening and they also had another volley ball group there but without the kids roaming the halls uncontrolled like the Fairfield Inn). I am at a loss for words to explain my frustration and lack of respect towards a guest at a Marriott property.
By the way I am a Marriott Platinum Elite member with over 1060 lifetime stays that are not booked at discounted rates (i.e. government rates, etc.) and in Jan of this year I have already stayed 20 nights in Marriott properties and am drafting this while staying at a full service Marriott in Atlanta, GA. This hotel gets a big FAIL.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank MarshfieldWisconsin
Kyeongmin L, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Richmond Short Pump/I-64, responded to this review, February 7, 2014
Dear Marshfieldwisconsin,
Thank you for taking your time to review our Fairfield Inn & Suites, Richmond NW. I sincerely apologize that our customer service or the condition of the room did not meet our and your standards. I have discussed this your review with our night clerk in order to avoid similar incidents from reoccurring in the future. Once again, I apologize and please feel free to reach out to me at the number below and I would love to discuss your stay further. Thank you again for your review and we hope to have another opportunity in the future with you.
Richmond, Virginia
Reviewed January 9, 2014

Good price, convenient location off of 64 in the NW area. We stayed one night here on new year's eve and were very pleased. They had ample parking and we walked to Cracker Barrel for dinner. The breakfast was great, with a lot to choose from including eggs with salsa and turkey sausage and delicious muffins. The room was clean and modern, with a comfortable bed and down pillows. If you are looking for a place to stay in the Richmond area that provides high quality for a decent price in a safe location, I'd highly recommend this hotel!

Room Tip: Probably quieter on the backside of the hotel. We opted for a king bed for just a few dollars more.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Fairfield Inn & Suites Richmond Short Pump/I-64, responded to this review, January 13, 2014
Dear mllesaek,

Thank you for your review and Happy New Year! We're very happy you chose to spend New Year's Eve with us and had an excellent stay. We really appreciate your 5-star ratings across the board and look forward to seeing you the next time you're in the area! Thanks again for your comments.

Oakland, California
Reviewed December 28, 2013

I arrived a bit later and called to inform Johnathon or Joshua (can't remember his name. The pretty Italian looking man) and he said that it was not a problem arriving late. Got there and he greeted us with a smile and was efficient and friendly with what sometimes can be a hassle, checking us in. He was one of the better front desk clerks I've come across:) if you can give him credit let him know the couple with the dog says hello!

The room was great and I loved the renovations that took place since the last time I stayed with you earlier last year!

My experience at this hotel was a 5 out of 5 and will definitely be booking with this hotel on my next swing through for business.

• Stayed December 2013
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Fairfield Inn & Suites Richmond Short Pump/I-64, responded to this review, December 30, 2013
Dear LizandJohn85,

Thanks for taking the time to write a review and I will be sure to pass your kind words on to the rest of our team. I'm delighted you enjoyed our updated look and we appreciate you choosing us again for this visit. Thank you again for your feedback and we can't wait for your next stay!

Jacksonville Beach, Florida
Reviewed December 24, 2013

comfortable and welcoming, nice breakfast, quiet room, close to entrance, handicapped room had a regular tub/shower which is not accessible, handles out of reach, room was paid for but hotel charged credit card a duplicate amount,

Room Tip: make sure you check your bill carefully
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Dear juan32250,

Thank you for taking the time to review our Fairfield Inn & Suites. While I'm glad to read you had a clean and comfortable stay overall, I do apologize that your accessible room did not meet your expectations, as well as for any mix up with your credit card, and will pass your feedback onto our team for further discussion. If you would like to speak further, please reach out to me at the number below. Otherwise, we're happy you enjoyed many of our amenities and hope to see you the next time you're in town. Thanks again for your comments.

Herndon, Virginia
Reviewed December 19, 2013

Positive: The room/bathroom was clean.

Thank You, @ocjwx2. After reading all the positive reviews about this hotel, I just knew I was going to have a pleasant experience. My experience was not all that great. I thought maybe it was just me, but now that I have reviewed the review prior to mine, I have come to realize that I am not the only one. I too had an issue with the customer service. They were never available right away. There was always a sign saying they would be back in 5 mins, so I would have to wait for them to get back before I could get my concerns addressed. The customer service reps, with an exception of 2 of them, didn't greet you when you came and went. When trying to call the hotel to get directions, the phone would just ring, or I would sit on hold for a long time. I never got anyone. The room was tiny. I have never been in a hotel room so tiny before. The bed was uncomfortable. There was only one washer and dryer. The 1st floor bathroom was absolutely filthy. They have these little tiny carts to bring your stuff in. Had to make 2 trips to bring my stuff in from the car. I to questioned why my credit card was charged over what I owed, and I was told the same thing about incidentals.

I had a very pleasant experience at the SpringHill Suites Richmond Northwest which is right across the street from this one. The only reason why I didn't stay there was because the price was cheaper at the Fairfield. I will stick to the SpringHill Suites next time I am in Richmond. They are 100% better. They have a separate living room area and the customer service is much better.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Fairfield Inn & Suites Richmond Short Pump/I-64, responded to this review, December 24, 2013
Dear Jas G,

We appreciate you sharing feedback regarding your stay and are very sorry that it fell short of your expectations. We always aim to provide the best service we can and are using your comments to ensure we give the best experience to our future guests. If you would like to discuss further, please don't hesitate to reach out to me at the number below. I am glad to see you rate our guest room cleanliness as a positive, and hope you will allow us another opportunity in the future. Again, I apologize for the inconvenience; thanks again for your review.

Marlton, NJ
Reviewed December 14, 2013

Night Clerk Joshua was very arrogant when we question why $50.00 was taken out of our debit card. His explanation was " everyone knows it's for incidentals ". Considering this hotel doesn't have any restaurants, bars, or room service we asked what would constitute an incidental, his response was " like if somebody steals a pillow or towels ". He produced a sign which was on the other end of counter not where we checked in. The sign said while paying with your debit card you will be charged 10% of your bill to cover these lost incidentals. Our bill total came to $171.00 and our debit card was charged $220.00 the difference being $49.00. 10% should have been $17.10. He made us feel very foolish in front of other people checking into the hotel!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Fairfield Inn & Suites Richmond Short Pump/I-64, responded to this review, December 16, 2013
Dear ocjwx2,

Thank you for taking the time to review our Fairfield Inn & Suites; I would like to sincerely apologize that our staff did not properly explain the incidentals charge. Any time a debit card is used at check-in, a hold is placed on the card for a certain amount to cover any potential incidentals, which may be greater than 10% - however, that amount is not actually deducted from your account if there is no actual extra charge for incidentals. For this reason, we encourage guests to use credit cards to avoid that hold directly impacting your bank account. However, we should have explained this to you in a more appropriate manner and again I apologize for the inconvenience - I have discussed your review with our General Manager in order to avoid similar missteps in the future and help provide the best service we can. If you'd like to reach out to me at the number below, I would be happy to discuss your stay further. Otherwise, I am glad to see you rate our rooms and cleanliness highly. Thanks again for your feedback and we hope to have another opportunity in the future to give you a great stay.