Fairfield Inn & Suites Richmond Short Pump/I-64
Ranked #31 of 82 Hotels in Richmond
Reviewed August 6, 2008

Stayed here one night in June. Great hotel, clean, friendly front desk, nice breakfast. Definately would recommend.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Fairfield Inn & Suites Richmond Short Pump/I-64

Reviewed July 2, 2008

My husband and I stayed overnight for three nights- and left on Sunday. This was our first visit to this hotel and our first trip to Richmond. We paid $72 per night via Priceline.com – this hotel is an absolute steal if you get it for this range.
Here are our observations as to why:

Room - We stayed in room 230, which had a King sized bed. It faces the front of the bldg. Despite being near a major highway, it was quiet. The room was quite standard with all the usual furniture that hotels usually have. However, I thought the air conditioning unit was noisy so this might be an issue if you're a light sleeper. What is it with Marriott properties and noisy A/C? At least the A/C made the room quite cool and it was a relief to come into after a hot day.

Amenities - Parking at the hotel is free and plenty of spaces available. There is a bountiful, free breakfast offered from 6 – 10 a.m. which was nice – this was one less meal we had to worry about. We enjoyed waffles, oatmeal, fruit and hot chocolate but there was a lot more available than that. There is a pool/whirlpool/exercise room located on the first floor. My husband used the exercise room twice and thought it was great. After a long day touring outdoors, we used the whirlpool and pool and it was so relaxing we lost track of the time.

Location – The hotel is in a good location as it’s located off the major 64 interstate, in the western suburbs of town. It was a good base to drive into town and on Sunday, the 64 was the only highway we needed to get in order to go to Monticello. It was easy to get around the city once we knew which direction we needed to go but a map is still helpful. The hotel is in a commercialized area with lots of restaurants and stores. Broad Street, the main thoroughfare in Richmond, is a short drive away. The Fairfield is literally across the street from Starbucks and Cracker Barrel – but this was not necessary because of the free breakfast!

Service – The front desk staff are helpful and friendly. Upon arriving, we received directions to a Denny’s. Later in the trip and late at night, they patiently printed up directions to a battlefield even when it was apparent that they were frazzled. They had no problem creating new room keys at no cost when we misplaced them. The room maids were professional. The people who run the breakfast in the lobby are wonderful and will go out of their way for you to make waffles for you.

Another note – If you’re not a smoker or hate smoking, this is a smoke-free hotel. It was against the hotel’s rules to smoke in your room and if caught, would incur a $250 fine.

Overall, my husband and I loved our stay and would recommend this hotel to anyone visiting this area.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled as a couple
2  Thank PhilliePhanatic
Reviewed June 15, 2008

The Fairfield Inn was delightful. My room was spotless, the breakfast was very adequate with a nice variety, and the staff was very courteous and helpful. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled solo
1  Thank eih9555
Reviewed April 28, 2008

This was our first time staying at a Fairfield inn and we enjoyed our stay very much at this hotel. The reason we picked the Fairfield Inn was the site wide non-smoking policy. It was worth having a room on a totally smoke free hotel property. The hotel lobby and our room were very new, clean and nicely decorated. The front desk staff was friendly and helpful. The crew helping with the free continental breakfast was pleasant as well. Everyone was welcoming. The continental breakfast we great and filling. There is free wireless internet in all rooms or if you don't bring your laptop there are two public computers in the hotel lobby. Usually there wasn't a wait to use these computers. The hotel is located outside the downtown area on the interstate but it is convenient to drive into Richmond to see the sites or is about 1 hour from Charlottesville. The hotel is near the Short Pump Town Center (a large retail complex housing restaurants, shops, etc. with just about any type of food or shopping you are looking for). The hotel has a map of the Short Pump area that is helpful to find restaurants close by. Would definitely stay here again and recommend it.

I guess the one disappointment was the small size of the indoor pool.

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled as a couple
2  Thank sedum37
Reviewed April 15, 2008

Everything you expect for a Fairfield...

The O'Charley's in the parking lot was a definite advantage- be sure to show your room key.

Very clean, the staff here is very nice and helpful!

Stayed: November 2007
Reviewed March 31, 2008

We spent one night at the Fairfield on Mar. 26, and it was fantastic.

We had no trouble checking in early, around 11am, and were given a room away from the elevator on the second floor. The room was clean and comfortable, and the woman at the front desk even gave us a courtesy call to make sure we were happy with the room!

The front desk was also helpful with directions to the post office and local restaurants.

The free breakfast didn't have a huge selection, but everything was fresh and delicious.

We went down to the jacuzzi in the early evening, and found that it was quiet with plenty of clean towels. Also, we used the laundry facilities and were pleasantly surprised that the hotel gives free detergent and softener.

I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone staying in the Richmond area. While it's not located downtown, it is only a short drive away, and it's a great hotel when you want to relax away from the crowds.

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled with friends
1  Thank sophie832
Reviewed January 16, 2008

Friendly, Professional and Clean.

Wanna a relaxing trip.....choose Marriott's.

Never had a bad night or room.

• Stayed: January 2008, traveled on business