“Very clean and helpful staff”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Richmond Short Pump/I-64
Ranked #31 of 82 Hotels in Richmond
Reviewed October 10, 2013

Stayed one night on the way home and was happy to find a clean room and comfortable bed. The breakfast was good eggs, waffles and the everyday breakfast items. In error, I left my IPad on the dresser. After I arrived home and realize I had left it, I called and spoke with Ashley. Ashley was a great help. She found my IPad and overnighted it to my home the following day. Thank you Ashley!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Fairfield Inn & Suites Richmond Short Pump/I-64, responded to this reviewResponded October 11, 2013

Dear Juice1947,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay and I'm glad to hear our staff was able to easily get your iPad back to you! We're also happy you had a clean, comfortable stay and enjoyed our new hot complimentary breakfast. Thanks again for your comments and we look forward to seeing you the next time you're in Richmond!

There are newer reviews for Fairfield Inn & Suites Richmond Short Pump/I-64

Reviewed October 8, 2013

I live in Richmond and was having my hardwood floors refinished so I had to vacate my home for a few days. I have two dogs and on the way to the kennel one of my dogs was injured. I needed a place to stay that would allow me to have my dogs with me. This Farifield Inn & Suites was one of the few hotels in a convenient safe location, pet friendly, and reasonably priced. I was able to walk my dogs close to the hotel. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful without being intrusive. I would definitely stay at this hotel even with out my pets.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo

Dear avs3905,

Thank you for your review - we hope your dog is doing better now! We're so glad to hear we could help you out while your home was being renovated and that we succeeded in providing you with great service during your visit. Thanks again for your high ratings and recommendation and don't hesitate to let us know if there is anything we can help you with in the future!

Reviewed October 1, 2013

The Inn is very close to the interstate interchange, so it is easy to locate and is also quite accessible to Broad Street. Stephanie treated us as if we were family members when we arrived at the desk and even checked to make sure everything was fine in our room after we checked in. The entire hotel was very clean and our room was very satisfactory in size and design. The complimentary breakfast was fine - not gourmet, but more selection than other Fairfields. Would definitely return! Stephanie exhibited exemplary customer service!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Fairfield Inn & Suites Richmond Short Pump/I-64, responded to this reviewResponded October 4, 2013

Dear goandgo,

We appreciate you reviewing your recent stay at our hotel and are delighted to hear our location worked well for your needs and that you found our staff very friendly and accommodating. It's also great to read you enjoyed our new, hot complimentary breakfast. Thanks for your high ratings and we look forward to your next stay!

Reviewed September 30, 2013

Our recent overnight stay with our dogs was a good one. We entered the hotel to find it was celebrating it's grand re-opening. Needing just a bite to eat for dinner, the catered Mexican food and cold beer was just right, finished off with cake and a cookie. A visit to O'Charleys (next door) would have to wait until tomorrow.

While the room was clean, it was smaller that what we would have liked. The light on the wall above the dresser had a broken wall bracket and was hanging down at about a 45 deg angle. It still worked, so that was OK. The king bed was really nice and firm and the AC worked well. There was only a small side chair in the room besides the desk chair, so be prepared to sit on the bed to watch TV if there is more than one person staying in the room.

The breakfast was very good, with scrambled and hard-boiled eggs, bacon, and the normal pastries and cereal. They also had fresh-made waffles. The coffee was above-average for a hotel.

With a late-check out to aid in our quick trip north, and a 1st floor room next to the exit so we could walk the dogs without bothering others in the hotel, we would definately stay here again when traveling to the Innsbrook/Glen Allen/Short Pump area of Richmond.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank MuleHead2
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Fairfield Inn & Suites Richmond Short Pump/I-64, responded to this reviewResponded October 1, 2013

Dear Carl O,

Thank you for reviewing our hotel; it's great to hear you were able to take part in our grand re-opening festivities during your stay! We're excited to show off our refreshed look so we're very happy you had a good visit and enjoyed our complimentary breakfast and coffee. Thanks again for your feedback and we look forward to seeing you the next time you're in the area!

Reviewed September 3, 2013

Very happy with our stay. We were attending a family wedding, and many of us stayed at this hotel. Everyone reported being very happy with it - everyone commented on the beds and the pillows. The breakfast in the morning was great - anything you'd want, really. Plenty of parking, too. The staff was friendly and helpful. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family

Dear hshobx,

Thanks so much for your review and I'm very pleased to read you had a such a comfortable stay with us! I also hope you and your family enjoyed the wedding and am glad you liked our new complimentary hot breakfast so much. Thank you again and we can't wait for your next visit!

Reviewed August 23, 2013

Room was very clean and new-looking, breakfast was great, lots of parking, helpful staff. Only trouble we had is this: I booked this room just a few days in advance because we found we needed to attend a funeral. I told the clerk on the phone that the funeral was at 3:00 and we needed to check in early to get ready. She said no problem, she will mark down that our room should not be rented out the night before, so it would be ready for us to check in 'whenever we want.' So I got there at 1:00 pm and the reservation clerk was very nice and apologetic, but he said there were no King rooms available. So I told him my story and he asked who the other clerk was because they are not allowed to do that. But he said he had plenty of rooms with 2 Queens so we took one of those. So, it ended fine, but it would have been better not to have gone through that initial problem. Other than that everything was great. Room has a microwave and fridge and they were spotless, too. Only paid about $89/night (I think I used a AAA discount).

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Fairfield Inn & Suites Richmond Short Pump/I-64, responded to this reviewResponded August 26, 2013

Dear WNYFamily,

Thank you for taking the time to review our Fairfield Inn & Suites and we send our condolences to you and your family. Providing a pristine stay is one of our biggest priorities, so I'm delighted to read you found us to be so clean during your stay. However, I do apologize for the mix-up with your reservation and our team has discussed your feedback in order to avoid similar confusion in the future. If you would like to speak about it further, please don't hesitate to reach out to me at the number below. Otherwise, I'm glad you had a great stay - thanks again for your comments and we look forward to seeing you the next time you're in Richmond!

(434) 822-2161

Reviewed August 22, 2013 via mobile

Very nice Fairfield Inn--room was extremely nice--spotless!
The breakfast was plentiful and very good.
The staff was professional and helpful-- was impressed with the young lady that checked me in early.
WOULD DEFINATELY RETURN!!

• Stayed: August 2013
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Fairfield Inn & Suites Richmond Short Pump/I-64, responded to this reviewResponded August 23, 2013

Dear CHIEF9,

We appreciate you reviewing your recent stay and are very pleased to read that you had a clean, comfortable stay and found our staff to be so friendly and efficient. I'm also happy that you enjoyed our new hot complimentary breakfast so much. Thanks again for your comments and we can't wait for your next visit to Richmond!