My husband and I stayed overnight for three nights- and left on Sunday. This was our first visit to this hotel and our first trip to Richmond. We paid $72 per night via Priceline.com – this hotel is an absolute steal if you get it for this range.
Here are our observations as to why:
Room - We stayed in room 230, which had a King sized bed. It faces the front of the bldg. Despite being near a major highway, it was quiet. The room was quite standard with all the usual furniture that hotels usually have. However, I thought the air conditioning unit was noisy so this might be an issue if you're a light sleeper. What is it with Marriott properties and noisy A/C? At least the A/C made the room quite cool and it was a relief to come into after a hot day.
Amenities - Parking at the hotel is free and plenty of spaces available. There is a bountiful, free breakfast offered from 6 – 10 a.m. which was nice – this was one less meal we had to worry about. We enjoyed waffles, oatmeal, fruit and hot chocolate but there was a lot more available than that. There is a pool/whirlpool/exercise room located on the first floor. My husband used the exercise room twice and thought it was great. After a long day touring outdoors, we used the whirlpool and pool and it was so relaxing we lost track of the time.
Location – The hotel is in a good location as it’s located off the major 64 interstate, in the western suburbs of town. It was a good base to drive into town and on Sunday, the 64 was the only highway we needed to get in order to go to Monticello. It was easy to get around the city once we knew which direction we needed to go but a map is still helpful. The hotel is in a commercialized area with lots of restaurants and stores. Broad Street, the main thoroughfare in Richmond, is a short drive away. The Fairfield is literally across the street from Starbucks and Cracker Barrel – but this was not necessary because of the free breakfast!
Service – The front desk staff are helpful and friendly. Upon arriving, we received directions to a Denny’s. Later in the trip and late at night, they patiently printed up directions to a battlefield even when it was apparent that they were frazzled. They had no problem creating new room keys at no cost when we misplaced them. The room maids were professional. The people who run the breakfast in the lobby are wonderful and will go out of their way for you to make waffles for you.
Another note – If you’re not a smoker or hate smoking, this is a smoke-free hotel. It was against the hotel’s rules to smoke in your room and if caught, would incur a $250 fine.
Overall, my husband and I loved our stay and would recommend this hotel to anyone visiting this area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Richmond Short Pump hotel off I-64. Minutes from the Innsbrook financial district, our Richmond, VA hotel near Glen Allen is convenient to I-95, I-64 and I-295 and provides travelers with easy access to local businesses, as well as a short drive to the Museum and White House of the Confederacy and Civil War Battlefields. Free wifi, Free Breakfast, Fitness Center. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Marriott, Hotwire, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Fairfield Inn & Suites Richmond Short Pump/I-64 reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fairfield Inn & Suites Richmond Nw Hotel Richmond
- Fairfield Inn And Suites Richmond Nw
- Fairfield Inn Richmond
- Fairfield Richmond
- Richmond Fairfield Inn